Saturday: Reminder that Music Therapists DON'T Unite

I was reminded why I left the group, Music Therapists Unite, several years ago this week. A post was made that ruffled feathers in all sorts of ways, and the discourse became quite nasty towards some of the posters. Looking at the post was enough to turn me away from the group again, but I need to be there to advertise different events, so I am still seeing posts. 

I wonder why some of us feel the need to denigrate other music therapists based on opinions and expectations. For some, it seems that the entire reason for living is to make others see things their way and become disciples of "THE RIGHT WAY TO DO MUSIC THERAPY!" There are specific voices that come out stridently and insistently to correct the behavior of others in ways that are based in personal opinion rather than fact.

This was my problem with this group to begin with, and it is now back.

That's it for today...just a mini rant about how we do not unite as a profession, and most of the division appears to be from specific people who seem to want to shame the rest into thought submission. Sigh.


Off to get groceries now. Perhaps I will do a bit of thrift shopping as well... we will see what the day brings...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals

Going on a Squeegee Hunt