Fun Friday: Preparation
I am going to go to one of my favorite things tonight and tomorrow - a scrapbooking crop which morphs into doing whatever crafting thing you want to do in the company of other people who craft. A local craft store offers these every so often, and I am finding them to be pretty inspirational and well worth the $25 they charge. So, I am going to be spending some of today preparing for this event.
I have no idea what I want to make tonight, but I know that I don't want to make more books. I already have five books that need to be finished and decorated, so I do not need to make more. I might focus on making the things to go into the books instead of the books themselves - clusters, hidden paperclips, pockets, envelopes, belly bands, and that sort of stuff.
The largest problem with this type of thing is not knowing what I will be in the mood to make when I get there. I have to pack up my resources, so I also need to think about what I want to do. In the last crop that I attended, I spent most of the second day engaged in brainstorming visual aids for music therapy rather than actually making much of anything. I still felt that it was a good way to use my brain, my time, and my money. We will see if I get the same results this weekend as I did in August.
I made it to the library yesterday, and I was able to check out a book, but my body betrayed me before I could get all my work finished. I had to leave quickly and then was unable to return to work once I got home. It was a rough day, but I completed some of the tasks that I had in front of me - just not the ones that I wanted.
I put in some job applications (outside of the music therapy realm and profession), and I have realized that I am woefully short of professional clothing. I need to do some shopping today - one of my least favorite things to do - to get clothing that makes me look and feel professional. I also need to look at my shoes to see if I will need those as well. I need something to wear that looks like I am professional, but after wearing jeans and sandals for 30 years, I no longer have much in the way of business apparel, so it is time to find a couple of pieces. That means shopping. Ugh.
So, today's tasks include preparing my materials for my cropping weekend and going clothing shopping in my local area. If I cannot find something that I feel comfortable in here in my town, then I can head out to the mall about 45 miles away to shop there. I don't have any interviews yet, but I think I might be heading that way pretty soon, especially if I continue to put in applications for all sorts of jobs.
I also hope to find some time to work on the projects that I could not finish yesterday. I also need to do some work on next week's intern webinar. Our word is "compose," so we are going to write some songs and talk about the role that music plays in our client interactions. I have the bones of this presentation already, but it needs some updating.
So, the to-do list is filling up rapidly. Most of the tasks that I face today are things that have already been on the to-do list for this week and did not get finished. That's the way it goes sometimes. Let's hope that I can get work finished today before my body takes over and keeps me away from other activities. There we go.



Comments
Post a Comment