Saturday - Coming to You From a Brand New Laptop...
That's right, folks. Today's post is coming to you from a brand new laptop since my Chromebook got a disturbing bulge under the case and started to get very hot. It also reset all of my saved passwords and refused to connect to the internet. I do not have the time or patience to fix it right now, so I used some of my business money to purchase a new way to compute. To be honest, I prefer laptops to Chromebooks, so this was a good step up.
I now have a reliable device to use for my various projects while I am here. This will be a business device for later, so I can write off a bit of the cost when it comes to tax time. That will be helpful.
The thinking and brainstorming continues, and I have stated my intentions to move back here and start a business in Rancho Cucamonga to my mother. The next step is to get my sister going because she is a doer not just a dreamer. She will probably have me signed up with several realtors before I finish the sentence (she reads the blog occasionally - it will be interesting to know if she reads this post...). She has already found out that two institutions around here do not offer home loans. I can take them off the list that I haven't even started yet. I love how she goes after things fearlessly. I am not that person - I tend to lurk on the periphery, observing and collecting knowledge. She just goes and asks.
I am currently wrapping my big toe in bandaids because of a broken toenail. I have Inside Out 2 bandaids, and I found it interesting that the two emotion portrayals that I pulled out for wrapping said toe were Joy and Anxiety.
Those are my two most prevalent states when I think about moving here and starting a clinical business while still doing my other things. Joy. Anxiety. At least, now that I have stated that I want to be based in Rancho Cucamonga, I no longer feel queasy. That's a good step.
So, the where is answered - well, in general. I don't know where in Rancho I will end up, but at least I know where to start looking.
I know the who already - it is difficult to define the group of humans that I want to work with, but it is people who are often underserved. I do not want to go into school based therapy. IEP's are not my thing. I prefer to be on the side of enrichment and private therapy rather than educational therapy. So, that question is answered for me already.
I also know the what. I want to offer music therapy opportunities to people across the age span, but I want to focus on those in the I/DD or ASD community here in this area.
This has already been a good trip in that it has helped me focus on my next steps in a way that I was not able to do in my house. I have several pages of notes about what I need and what I want and how I will get there. I will continue to work on those notes as the next phase of this trip starts.
Tomorrow, my mother and I will be heading to the East Coast for a visit with my mother's best friend and a quick visit to her brother and sister-in-law. I am going as trip support and have offered to do that job for my mother for the low cost of what it is costing me to pay for health insurance each month. She didn't hire me on the spot, for some reason... We will be going to our end destination, and I anticipate that I will have some early morning time to work on this next professional role.
I have contacted several music therapists who are within a 2 hour drive of my current location. I want to talk to them about caseloads and clinics and all that stuff, but I want to talk in person. I want to see things and try to figure out things in the company of others who do these things. I also might be able to start as a contracting music therapist or a part-time employee for some of these folks. We will see, but, taking a page out my sister's book, nothing ventured, nothing gained. So, I have asked. It is up to them now.
Now, all I have to do is find the money to get this done.

Comments
Post a Comment