Just A Song Sunday: Today's Song Is "On the Road Again"

On the Road Again - as performed by Willie Nelson - is on my mind this morning. Mom and I are jetting off to the East coast for a visit with my Mom's best friend and to see my Aunt and Uncle. I have checked us in for our flights, arranged for the car pick-up, and found our hotels. Now all we have left to do is go.

The cat has been coming to sleep on my plastic folder that is full of notebook paper and thoughts. He doesn't usually come to share this space because it used to be my brother's room, and my brother did not like his cat coming into the room. I love having the cat come visit, so we are healing some kitty trauma by encouraging him to sleep here.

We are going to be on the road for a bit, and the song just keeps going in my mind.

So, what do you think I am going to do? Well, I am going to make this into a therapeutic music experience, of course!

On the Road Again was written and performed by Willie Nelson. The song was released in 1980 (I thought it was earlier than that) and was written for the movie, Honeysuckle Rose. Mr. Nelson is the lead actor in the movie. I do not think I have ever seen the movie, but who knows?

The song itself has what is called a "train beat" which I think refers to the pattern of the background beat which sounds like train wheels moving down the track. The tempo is about 112 bpm, and the original song was written in E major (one of my favorite keys to play on the guitar!).

I like this song for starting discussion about trips and travel. I like using it with some lyric adaptations to make it a bit more relevant to my younger clients, and then just using it as background for movement and instrument play.

I am going to figure out how to get on the road here pretty quickly. It is going to be a good visit, and things are happening here that are more than just getting on the road, but that is the first step - getting on the road. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals