Just a Song Sunday: The Silence is Wonderful

I can tell you, I love the quiet.

I have not turned on a television for over a week now, and the lack of commercials and noise has been wonderful. I have streamed some content, but I have not touched the television remote at all.

I am enjoying a bit of quiet.

This is not sustainable, and I know that, but I am enjoying it all the same. When I am at my mother's house, we watch what she wants to watch. If I want to be near her, then I have to watch Hudson and Rex, and All Creatures Great and Small (not my thing AT ALL), and Blue Skies, and all sorts of shows that I do not have access to in my streaming world. So, I tend to watch my Netflix dramas upstairs in the sauna room with western light access where it has not dipped below 75 and tends to remain around 80 degrees all the time.

Not that I'm complaining (but I really am!).

I find that silence is what I need to refresh my creativity and my need for music. When I am constantly surrounded by noise (even noise selected by me and controlled by me), I tend to defer to that outside noise rather than creating my own sound and stimulation. It is sure easier to fill up the sound environment by turning on the television than it is to sit down at the keyboard and improvise something to fit another need.

This break from my noise and routine has been a good thing for me. I have made some decisions about my future that I have shared with others. I have figured out some things that will help me continue to make decisions about the future. I am currently moving things around in the room where I am sleeping to see what I have and what I want to look for in my remaining time in this break. I have started my junk journal/scrapbooking process for this trip by tucking in little receipts and things that I collected during our plane trip to the East Coast last week and my driving the week before. It is strange to think that I have not been home for about two weeks now.

So, my "song" for today is silence. White noise, brown noise, green noise - whatever you like that helps you find peace in your place. Take some time to find silence where you can.

I will try to blog a bit more this next week, but who knows if inspiration will strike. I do have a bunch of antique music that I will be taking back with me in the car, so perhaps I will start looking at those pieces a bit more closely to see what I could do with the music in session strategizing...

You never know what will happen around here...

Thanks for reading.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going on a Squeegee Hunt

There's Always Something...

Fun Friday: Preparation