Wednesday: Feeling A Bit Out Of Touch

Nothing in particular: Graphic includes the words, “Nothing in Particular” and www.musictherapyworks.com.
Anyone else feeling restless on this meteor shower, new moon, some people get to see an eclipse but not me, and planetary alignment day?

Usually at this time of year, I am starting a new school year, and I have new quests and things to do. I would be getting into my schedule of music therapy sessions and getting to know my new clients while adjusting to not having other clients still at the facility. I would be going through professional development completely irrelevant to my job as music therapist. I would be lamenting the lack of time available to just work in my room, but once I got that time, I would fritter it away. The students would arrive, and things would proceed as usual.

This year, I am no longer working at a school as a music therapist. I stay at my home and try to do things that I have always wanted to do but never had enough time to get finished. I am trying to figure out working on projects to generate some income, but I am not always good at self-motivation, so my work ethic comes and goes. I need to get things in line for my sing about songs editions and then figure out how to market it to people who might be interested. I also have some ideas about webinar series to propose to CBMT and some things to think about.

My life is pretty simple now. I try my best to do something out of my house every couple of days, but there is yet another heat warning happening here so I am not able to leave my home without having significant breathing difficulties. At least, here at home, my room temperature is under my control so I no longer have to deal with hot, humid, smelly work spaces. Now, I can sit in my room under the fans and remain cool and collected, but not always productive.

I took some time yesterday to film a project. The task for today is to edit that video and put it on YouTube at some point. I also want to fire up the laminator and finish all of the half-done projects that are lingering after Creativity Camp and my most recent product development. I am also collecting projects for a crop weekend this Friday evening and Saturday all day to be prepared to try some new paper crafts without having to spend much money while at the store. I have some new alcohol markers to experiment with while I am surrounded by others.

Lots to do, less focus on school, starting to need a job, and trying to figure out my new morning and evening routines - that's what I am doing these days.

I will leave the quest development for January since I do not have a Back to School situation happening. I am continuing on my quests from before for the rest of this year. I am always evaluating and reestablishing my quests. I currently have a Q3/Q4 reminder card in my personal planner that helps me figure out what I want from life. I like visuals to help me focus. Writing and drawing and organizing with color helps me figure out what needs to come next like no other systems do. I love it when I can do some color sorting and my life becomes easier.

Next week, I will be on call for jury duty. I have to be available for a two week period of time starting next Monday. I also have library books to finish reading (due in a week from today) or renew by the 19th. If I finish them up, I will head to the library this or next week (if I don't have to go to the courthouse) to get more books even though my To Be Read pile is getting out of control! Next week might be busy or it might include lots of sitting around and waiting. I won't know until Friday evening when I call to see if my group needs to report. I've been on call two other times and each time was dismissed without having to head to the courthouse, but who knows what will happen this time around?

Time to get my restlessness channeled into some sort of activity other than writing about me. See you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt