TME Tuesday: Keeping the Momentum Going from This Weekend
I did not sleep well last night. These nights of staying awake are becoming more prevalent in my life which is interesting to me. I am more likely to stay awake than I am to go to sleep these days, possibly because my energy output is less than it was when I went to work every day. My life is quiet now, and it is spent mostly in my own company. I am starting to feel an itch to get a job, not just for financial reasons but also for having something to do with myself.
There is a reason for this first paragraph - while I was not sleeping, I kept working on my Game Board and first set of game cards. I now have two games in the design phase. The cards are finished, the game board arrangement is ready, and now I just need to make everything into a digital format for posting on TPT. After that is finished, I will print out copies and make the games for a video that I am thinking about.
The games that I am designing are based on my usual games. They will use game cards and dice to move around the board with various challenges occurring as part of the game play. I will make some generic boards with varying levels of decor and then some specific game boards. I also want to get some labels arranged to help with making game cards quicker than it is when you have to cut, paste, cut, laminate, and cut yet again.
While I was brainstorming last night, I was also doing some singing. I hope that I can include some music with the games that I am releasing. Perhaps the games will also arrive with full-blown TMEs attached. We will see.
So, I go to my file folder activity kit, get my songwriting kit ready, and pull out options for my game boards. I usually either use cardstock or file folders for my games to increase their durability. For one of the games, each team or person will have their own game boards, so that file will need a different configuration than I usually do. In fact, I think I might need to create one file for just game boards and others for the spinners, dice, pieces to move around the board and the game cards and elements.
Remember when I said that this was a never-ending project (in yesterday's post)? It is definitely feeling like that right now. That's a good thing.
So, working on this project will take up some of my time today. I have another attempt at the webinars from the library (last one had horrible audio, so we will see if this one is better or not - I might have to go out of my house for these if I cannot hear anything this time) this evening. There is nothing else on the calendar for today. I went to a movie yesterday and saw Hadestown. It was a good use of my time, and I was all by myself in the theater which meant that I could sing when I learned the melodies. I will get the soundtrack so I can continue to listen and learn the music.
Time to set up my book and get some work done on my project. Happy Tuesday, all.

Comments
Post a Comment