Thoughtful Thursday: What do People Want??

This post is a bit later than my usual early morning thoughts because my brain was in complete overwhelm stage and I couldn't think well. So, after a shower, a trip to the library, and some food - both good for me and not good for me - I am here... writing... something. 

I attended a support group last night for therapists who work with people with I/DD diagnoses across the lifespan. I try not to push my products during things like this, but I am getting interested in starting to design things that people out there want and will use. I got a couple of good ideas for some files to put together, so I will be working on that project. I am also working on a competency-based evaluation based on the new AMTA Professional Competencies, the intern webinar series, and other elements of my professional interests. The problem? I'm not sure if any of this work is actually going to do anything for me.

I don't want to spin my wheels, so to speak, when it comes to making things or spending my time. I just don't know how to let people know that I am out here.

This is a common theme for me, and one that I am trying to navigate.

In the midst of all of this, I am also having to schedule medical tests, figure out when I am going to move and what I will do once I do move, and all sorts of other things. These thoughts contribute to the overwhelm all the time.

When I get overwhelmed like this, the best strategy for me is to make some firm decisions, so here goes.

I will be moving by August 2027. In the meantime, I am going to continue to work here doing something related to music therapy but not entirely like music therapy. I figure that I can find a job as an activity director or child care teacher to add some money into my rapidly shrinking accounts. I will continue to work on my music therapy interests, but I need some money coming in to help me do things. I also need things to take me out of my house and to get me around people. So, it is time to start applying for jobs with an expected start date of October 15, 2026 ish.

Since writing things down helps me process my thinking, I am going to work in my book to figure some things out. I want to keep doing music therapy with clients, so that will be my primary focus after I move to my new location. After that, I have no idea what comes next...

So, one decision at a time.

That's all I can handle right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt