Wednesday: I Have Things to Do, Don't I???

It has been an interesting journey so far, this whole "not having a full-time job" thing. I am not sleeping the same way. I am not moving the same way. I have less pain happening in my body which is such a good thing, but I am bored with what I have to do. I am back to watching "Desperate Housewives" to give me something new to experience that isn't Korean dramas.

I am someone who thrives with routine.

I miss having the routine of getting up and getting ready to go somewhere. I miss having a schedule that is predictable, but I am also happy to have time here at home to just do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Yesterday, I traveled east about 30 miles to go to a store that specializes in Japanese products. There are tons of these stores in California that I go to when I am visiting my Mom and my sister, but there are not as many out here in Kansas, so I made a trip especially for that store. 

I arrived early (of course), and ended up strolling around one store because it was open at 9:30 and the other store did not open until 10. I looked but did not buy because there wasn't much that matched my price points. I look at objects and put a price in my mind. If the price matches, then I consider the purchase, but nothing matched yesterday - well, at that store. At the other store, I found about $20 worth of stuff, including some small, square, plastic photo album type things that I will be featuring in a project pretty soon. I then drove back the 30 miles and went to the same store in my town where I spent about $28. Afterwards, I came home and watched Korean shows for the rest of the day.

I didn't even set up my work planner for yesterday.

I have my planner set up for this morning, and I have eaten some breakfast, so I am ready to tackle some tasks today. I have to flesh out my other presentation for the Rhythm to Results conference in two Saturdays while refining other presentations and outlines. I have to do my least favorite task - marketing - later today.

I tried to log into a presentation about establishing prices for products last night, but the audio was so bad I was unable to hear anything. It reminded me that having a good microphone is essential to doing Zoom meetings. It also reminded me that it is not a good idea to try to use a laptop to broadcast a panel discussion when the presentation microphone is across the room. Ah, the lessons you learn when you run online conferences and have for 15 years...

I think I miss the set morning schedule the most. I feel guilty about not posting my blog posts until 9am. I miss having time limits, and it is showing. Onward, though! I want a routine, but I don't want a routine at the same time. It is a strange part of growing older that I did not really anticipate. There you go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt