Wednesday: Eighteen Days Until the Next Conference

Creativity Camp is finished, so it is time for my next projects! I tend to do this to myself, but I enjoy having several projects going at the same time. In addition to meetings and conferences, I have some written projects to produce. All of this as I try to figure out if I have enough ideas to sustain my life as a music therapy consultant with a small business.

It has been almost a month since I retired from my full-time job as a music therapist in a psychiatric residential treatment facility school. I have not received my first pension payment yet - it is due to arrive in nine days - so, I am currently running my life on my savings. I am paying lots of money for my health insurance, and I am nervous about how I will survive financially during the next couple of months, but I am trying to sustain a new quiet life. One where I can create, interact, support, and benefit fellow music therapists from my home with a bit more freedom than my recent job offered.

In 17 days, we will be gathering to talk about music therapy with adolescents. I have two presentations to prepare. In addition to presentations, I have two networking - information sharing sessions to arrange as well. I am looking forward to this conference - it is another passion project of mine - generating ideas and sharing information for a neglected population in the world of music therapy.

In the meantime, I am doing the administrative tasks for the conference and camp, working on a new sing about songs edition, and trying really hard to start up a routine here at home. I am also signing up for different Zoom groups and classes to keep my brain occupied. I am working on making my environment more pleasing and easier to navigate, but that always takes second place to crafting and doing music therapy things. I haven't played a guitar since June 25th. I am feeling the itch to get a new guitar - all of the ones that I have are in various degrees of disrepair. I want to spend some time writing songs which I have not done much of yet. It is time to sing a bit more as well. I will investigate the different singing groups in my area to see if something will work in my wide open schedule.

Lots is happening on this Wednesday. Most of it is stuff that I am here at home, but I will go to the library this morning and follow up with grocery shopping. After that, who knows what I will do until 6:30pm when I will be joining a discussion with other therapists who work with folks with specific diagnoses similar to my former clients. I have to keep reminding myself that I am joining this group so I don't forget. I asked for the link several months ago and completely forgot. This evening, though, I will NOT forget! I need the networking opportunity.

'Tis the season for thinking about things, I guess. It is time to start working on some more CMTE opportunities and a renewal of my intern webinar topics and meetings. So much to do and so much time to do it in! I am feeling pretty spoiled these days with the amount of time that I have in front of me every day.

See you soon, reader. I appreciate you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt