Thoughtful Thursday: Time to Make a Big To-Do

I am always the most content with myself when I am thinking through a big project. This type of project can be one that allows me to fix a pain point for either myself or for others. It is something that is just interesting to me and something that makes me want to engage in problem-solving.

I am developing several projects at the moment, and this is something that is becoming an interesting exercise in project management as well as in attention. I have things to do with various thoughts that I am having - mostly in the realm of "let's talk about this" projects rather than "let's make this" projects, but it is interesting to me how my brain flits from place to place. This is one of the reasons that I have my book to write things down as they occur to me. At this moment, I remembered that I have a Zoom meeting because of my book. I have to be there since I am moderating the session! I also have a couple of laminating projects to do to finish up another idea, and I will be working on other project elements as well. All of this on a rainy Thursday morning!

I still have plenty of time in my life to do plenty of things, so I will try my best to make most of these hours somewhat productive when it comes to my projects. Productivity is very different these days - it has little to nothing to do with making music for clients and almost all kinds of things with making things for music therapists. I skip from designing visual aids to filling out slides for presentations to making marketing materials for conferences, workshops, and webinars. If I need to schedule a meeting in the morning, I can. That is the strangest part of this entire new timeline for me. I am free to do things during the day and during the week at any time. Weird, right?

So, I need to make a robust to-do list today!

To-do:

Meet with M at 10

Finish blog post.

Rhythm to Results presentation work

Skillshare lessons

Liz Ryan course work

Start CBMT process for ID retreat

Start Intern Webinar work

Share information with various groups about different R2R presentations

Laminate superhero board game, DnD dice composition, and game markers

Work on new Facebook group - Music Therapy and Adolescence

Double down on collecting resources for said FB group - find all sorts of things

Brainstorm projects

Work on sing about october 2026 for its August 5th release

Compose songs and notate them via software

Take the trash from downstairs to the trash cans upstairs

Clean a little something

Write initial contact email for release on August 1 for R2R participants

Find some whimsy in my solitary existence

Continue to explore job options

That's quite a bit to get through, but it is what I usually think about in the early hours of the day. It is easy to be optimistic about my to-do list when I have just woken and have the hours of the day stretching in front of me, but I rarely get as much done as I think I will in the wee sma's. 

Oh well, sometimes it is better to think about what is possible and then work from there rather than just flopping around without any sort of plan.

See you tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt