Fun Friday: Rainy Days and Finishing Some Projects

It is raining outside and is supposed to rain most of today. After today, we will be heading back into a heat warning time for four days which means sticking around my home since I react strongly to the humidity. So, I have some time to do something by myself and in the relative quiet of my home.

I currently have five unfinished journals sitting in various places around my craft/office space. I have some ideas of how to finish them, but I also see the piles of things that are around my home and feel the "you SHOULD [goblin] be cleaning" guilt pulling me away from those projects. I am getting better with actually moving things, but there is much to be done...still.

It has been a month since I retired from my full-time job as a music therapist working in a psychiatric residential treatment facility and day school. I still have a month left on my self-imposed work break, and I am starting to panic about not having a steady job. I am looking at job announcements and am finding lots of things that I am qualified to do, so that's a good thing. Meanwhile, I need to spend time here getting things set up for working from home as well as for working outside my home.

I will be getting my first pension payment in a week. It will be significantly less than I have had recently, so the need for a job is increasing. I still have enough money in my savings to cover another month, but the job thing has to happen sooner rather than later for me to survive financially. I both look forward to and dread the entire process, but I have to have enough money to survive.

So, as the rain comes down, and the minutes slip away, I am trying to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of my life. I have several opportunities and tracks that I can go down. I can start packing up my life and plan on moving to California, but that will be more expensive than I can handle right now. I can try to get the business going more predictably, but I am not sure how to do that. I can find another job that will help with the costs, but I still want my summer off because I haven't had a summer off in 33 years. I want the time to get bored with myself - and I am almost to that point.

Yesterday, I released my most recent sing about songs edition - sing about the ocean. I intend to release a new theme towards the end of every month and another edition based on three months ahead towards the beginning of each month as well. I was a day later than I had originally set up, but I thought that a day late was better than never when it came to releasing materials. If you are interested in purchasing any of my sing about songs editions, they are available in my TPT store. The cost for this edition is $7.00 USD and includes four therapeutic music experiences, 12 pages of visual aids, and an extensive list of songs that support the theme.

All of that for only $7!! What a deal!

(Do you see how bad I am at all of this. What a mess!!)

Time to get going. My sister will be calling soon on her way to work for some training. She tends to be an early riser like me, so she goes to work way earlier than she needs to in order to get some quiet time in the school before others intrude. I am living the teacher life vicariously through her right now, and she seems to be wanting to be retired like me. Anyway, we have daily morning and evening phone calls, so I am just waiting for her call right now as she moves through the world of being a teacher getting ready for a new school year.

What am I going to do? All of my routines have changed, and I am trying to find new ways of existing that does not include working in my former position. It is strange, let me tell you. It is strange.

So, some creating, some thinking, some (not-so-fun) marketing to do on this rainy Friday here at my home. I hope that you will have some time to reflect and figure out what you want on this day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt