Fun Friday: Camping from Home
This weekend is my second ever Creativity Camp designed to challenge my fellow music therapists to design and use visual aids to supplement client goals. This is a passion project for me - something that I have dreamed about for many years, tried out once, and now have the time to focus on more and more. So, I am trying this again - the second ever Creativity Camp by musictherapyworks.com!
The best part about this camp is that it is something I can do here from my own home. No bugs. No heat emergencies (I'm prone). No humidity that just does not go away. I am looking forward to this weekend, but camp is not the only thing that I am creating these days.
I have found several completed projects and other unfinished projects. Finding things that I have started spurs my creative impulses and makes me think about how to finish these projects and send them out into the world.
I have some resources that were designed by others - mostly files from TPT - that I have songs to add to the visuals to turn them into music therapy supplemental information. I want to make some time in my schedule (which is currently pretty open, to be honest) to compose these songs as well as to develop my own visuals to supplement music therapy practice.
Time to put that on the schedule.
So, for today, I am getting myself ready for camp. I am going to go over the Zoom setup as well as making sure that all of my materials are available. The desk still needs some cleaning, so that will happen today. I have to set up the laminator as well as figure out camera angles and see what it looks like on the recordings. I want to finish the projects that I have available now so they look good this weekend. I also want to organize my background a bit so it looks good on camera.
Fun, right?
Anyway - this weekend comes with some nerves, but I am enjoying the thought of having some folks join me in being Music Therapy Makers. There is still time to join us - details on my website. I hope that folks will join me live both tomorrow and on Sunday. Time to get ready!

Comments
Post a Comment