Thankful Thursday

Today is Thanksgiving in the United States where I live, and I woke up with a feeling of gratefulness and thankfulness that I haven't felt for some time. 

As I have explained, this is not really my favorite holiday of the year - mainly because of the way our capitalistic society has taken it and turned it into a day of overindulgence and spending for the upcoming Christmas holiday - but I do like the original thoughts behind it all.

I like having a day where the focus is supposed to be on thinking about the things that we have rather than the things we want to acquire.

So, I woke up and felt good about today and the things that I have, the people I love and who have loved me, and for the future for myself and for others. I hope this Thanksgiving optimism lasts for the rest of this season.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt