Better Sleep

I slept better last night than the previous nights which is a good thing as I am heading into a session with "that client" again. Monday's session was smooth and quiet which means today's will probably be a doozy. I am not looking forward to the interaction, but that's the way life goes, so off I head to remind "that client" that is is fine to make choices for oneself but not for everyone.

I don't want to dwell on "that client" today. I just want to recognize that it is the middle of my summer schedule workweek and move on. Today is my busiest day in the summer - six groups with four back to back. I fully intend to collapse as soon as I get home. After today's session marathon, I will only have five more groups for the week before the three day weekend. 

I have less preparation to do for my mother's visit in 10 days than I had at the start of the last break, but I still need to vacuum and clean and get things put together. Her bed is made and the towels are ready. My room is still a mess, so I need to focus my energies there rather than in the other rooms. I am hoping that my recuperation will be easy so that I can get back to regular routines as soon as possible. We will see. The last time I had this surgery was 12 years ago. I may not recover the same way. We will see.

I have nothing interesting to talk about. I am still slogging through Sense and Sensibility - I didn't even crack the book yesterday. I am not interested in playing instruments or even listening to any music. I just want to recline on my bed and watch mindless television under the fan.

Yesterday, I was listening to what other people were saying about a situation happening with a client. It was gratifying to hear that many of the opinions about things are what I think - about clients, about communication, about leadership or lack thereof, and about many other topics. I often feel alone at my end of the facility, so it is nice to know that I am not the only one who is frustrated by things happening in our program. 

It helps to hear that on a regular basis.

Well, all. I'm off into the world to see what is in store for us all...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt