Saturday - Another Trip to the Library

What?? A trip to the library on a Saturday?

Yep.

I signed up for a seminar about musicians in my local town and have to head out today to meet with other people.

This is a HUGE step for me - going to a place where I will not know anyone to do things that are completely out of my wheelhouse. I am already regretting this decision, but it is something that I need to do. Here's the synopsis of what I'm doing later today: 

Want to learn how to turn your art into a sustainable career? Join the library for a special session of What Works, a workshop on entrepreneurship for artists from the Mid-America Arts Alliance.… 

So, that's what I am going to do - learn how to turn my art into a sustainable career. I hope that it will be something that I can finally accomplish - making some money from my art and my music outside of a full-time job. We will see what happens. I hope that there are lots of people in the auditorium because I don't want to be one of two - too much attention on me in that situation. Let's hope there are about fifty of us - enough to be somewhat anonymous.

This is the first time that I am doing something at the library other than a quick dash for books. I haven't taken advantage of the other services that my community offers, so this is a big step for me. Before that, though, I have a shower to take, some stressing about clothing to do, and then trying to get into the parking garage for the free parking. I will bring the books I have already finished and get some new ones after the workshop. Then, I will come home and revel in my introvert hangover.

I am looking forward to new books, but I am also feeling very nervous about heading out into the world today. I always feel this way when it comes to doing something new. Nerves take over. Once I get there, it will be fine, but I always get butterflies.

So, the butterflies and I will be wafting into the library later today.

I'll let you know about all of this once it is over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt