Wednesday - Pre-tired

It is a bit early this morning, but not as early as I would like it to be. I am in the season of asthma and goopy sinuses due to the blooming of trees and the growth of grasses, so I am simultaneously not getting enough sleep and sleeping way too deep. We had severe winds from the southeast yesterday, and it is below freezing now. Welcome to the middle part of the nation!

I am not in a good sleep pattern at the moment. I am about ready to move downstairs to my summer bedroom already because it has been humid and warm upstairs while it is cool downstairs in my dugout-style home. I prefer a cool sleeping state so I can bundle up the quilts and afghans and still be a bit cool when I am sleeping. I might do better in the next couple of days if I am sleeping where it is colder. We will see.

Of course, I am also exhausted every single day, so the thought of taking pillows, quilts, and all the fol-de-rol of being me downstairs is a bit daunting. Tomorrow is also trash day, so I also have to drag the recycling and trash to the curb after choir practice. Since this is the week before Easter, I have church things to do tonight, Thursday, and Friday. Friday also brings dental work with it - so there will be some numbing and lots of drooling going on. Good times, good times.

This is the type of week where small inconveniences are setting off big responses - in me, and in my clients. I don't know if it is the changes in the weather, the upcoming full moon, a combination of both, or something as yet unknown, but I am just getting defeated by the smallest of things. This has not been the easiest of weeks at my facility, but it seems that others are feeling the same way. My sister reported that her co-workers (teachers) are feeling the way I'm feeling - like there are too many things to be able to pay attention to during the day and everything is overwhelming.

Welcome to spring!

I am still feeling overwhelmed. My overwhelm self-care list is not being utilized, and it really needs to be used. So, for the bit of time I have between jobs this evening, I will do something on that list. I will come home to put out the trash and the recycling and then do a bit of self-care. Wednesday's are my evenings to eat something that I do not make for myself, so I will seek out something I can get through my car window. After choir, I will head home, take my meds, and try to figure out what to do with myself until the morning.

Tomorrow evening, I will do the same things - bring the trash cans in, head to church for the Maundy Thursday service and light supper, and then come back home to medicate and calm down before trying to sleep. Friday is our day off in April (we get one Friday off every April - this time, it happens to coincide with Good Friday), and I have scheduled the already rescheduled dentist visit for that morning so I will have the opportunity to get over the numbness before I have to read and sing that evening. Let's hope that it will all go the way I want it to... easy and with limited pain...

I am going to get going to work this morning - already exhausted, but happy to be able to go to a job that challenges my every fiber of being on a regular basis... Happy Wednesday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going on a Squeegee Hunt

There's Always Something...

Fun Friday: Preparation