Synthesis Sunday: #hashtags

Oh my. I am trying to figure out some social media things that I do not fully understand. Here is one. Hashtags. I understand that by linking anything that I write to a hashtag or another, that increases the number of people that see it in their various feeds. I get that concept. I also understand that your best chance of getting people to see your information is to link popular and trending hashtags to things that have absolutely nothing to do with what you are writing about or wanting to share. That explains why there are so many posts on TikTok that have tags like #CheetosChallenge when there is absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH CHEETOS in the posted material!

Can I just say that this frustrates me???

I don't use many hashtags in my social media posts. This is primarily because I don't want to wade through lots of irrelevant tags to find things that I am interested in. I am also not interested in seeing things under a #musictherapy list that have nothing to do with music therapy.

I think I am getting old. I can hear my father's voice coming out of my mouth complaining about things that are really just the way things people do things these days. Just because I do not understand or want to go down that particular road does not mean that it is not a valuable process.

I am currently getting some schooling about marketing and using these hashtags in some of my professional posts for an organization that I work for in a part-time capacity. So, I am learning. Do not be surprised if some of my auxiliary posts on various social media start to have more and more hashtags at the bottom. I don't think I will be using non-music therapy tags because, quite frankly, why do I want just anyone reading this blog? I want people to read it because it has specific meaning to them. So, I will be avoiding the big, trending hashtags because of my chosen audience. I don't want to trend anywhere except for music therapists.

That's it for today. I got my flu shot and my first Shingles shot yesterday, so I am feverish and slow moving and just wallowing in my current state of blech. I was going to see a movie this afternoon, but I think I will skip that and just come home to stay safe in my bed. I have to lead Sunday School and worship this morning, so that will be enough outside exertion for the day. In fact, it is time to start figuring out what I am going to wear that will be comfortable in a sanctuary where the temperature does not get comfortable, especially since I will have to be in the loft which tends to be significantly warmer than the floor area. Let's hope for lots of female voices so I don't have to sing facing the congregation!!

Happy Sunday.

#musictherapylife

#musictherapyworkscom

#musictherapy

(Am I getting the hang of this??) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt