Simply Saturdays - One of Two Days Without a Set Title or Concept
I am working really hard on getting back into a set routine of specific topics each week, and we have finally come to day where there is not set topic...Saturday.
I have reserved two days per week for my random, egocentric, and completely off-the-wall writing. These "free topic" days help me focus on the "me" part of music, therapy, and me, and they encourage me to remember that I am more than just a music therapist. I am "ME!"
I spent my entire commute home yesterday thinking about a topic that I will cover tomorrow. Today is reserved for more personal posts and for occasionally skipping the writing process completely. I strive to write daily, but I also allow myself to skip once per week. I skipped Wednesday in my morning routine this week. So, here is a Saturday post.
This morning, I awoke just in time to see the full moon before it slipped behind the backyard neighbor's townhome. I love the moon in all of its phases, so being able to see it at any time fills me with joy. I was only able to see it for about five minutes before it sank behind the building, but that five minutes was enough to give me a rush of happy endorphins. I am excited about how we are heading back to the moon in the Artemis missions, and I was a bit disappointed when the recent launch windows were missed due to malfunctions with the rocket. I want us to go back to the moon and get ready to explore other aspects of our universe. All of these feelings are mixed in with my love for the moon.
This has been a busy week. It has brought out many emotions in me - anger, frustration, joy, grief, wishes for peace in the world. I have been crying because the queen died. For some reason, her death has made me very sad. It probably has quite a bit to do with the fact that she was queen for my entire life. It may have something to do with my fascination with Princess Diana who married the new King when I was eleven and captured my romantic imagination like nothing else at that time. I mourned Diana when she died. Now, the queen is dead as well. I have a better idea of what grief feels like since I have experienced personal grief with the death of my Dad in early 2021. I find that secondary grief hits me so much harder now that I have to continue to mourn my father's absence from this world. I tend to cry more these days anyway, but this has been a summer of secondary grief as friends have lost husbands and children have lost fathers. I am tired of grief.
In addition, to this global incident, I have had to deal with more personal and destructive situations in my own life. My work place had a leak. It only really affected me - the two other places where things were leaked on were empty for most of the week or were storage areas. Mine was a well-used office/storage room. Instruments were leaked on. I had to throw out significant numbers of visual aids, parts of sets of things, and so many pieces of things that I need in my music therapy life. We had to spend three days doing in-class sessions rather than in-clinic sessions. I have been able to find the positives in all of this, but I would have preferred to not have to deal with this particular situation at all. That is the nature of these types of things, though. They are never convenient.
For now, though, I am going to focus on things that have to do with my home. I have to make a bookmark for a birthday remembrance and then my time is my own. This is my only day off during the week, so I am looking forward to some time not working...
Happy Saturday, everyone.
Comments
Post a Comment