December Thoughts

These may make sense - they may be really random, but here goes...

December Thoughts...

I do not like it when the sun goes down so early. I am a sundowner and always have been. It is going to be difficult when I get older to convince me to stay up past 5pm when the sun goes down. 

I am practicing better sleep hygiene these days. I have moved the television into the other room upstairs and I am trying to limit my screen access right before bed. (I did not do well with this last night, but all the other nights have been good.) I am also trying to do some reading before bed. I am also trying to avoid going to bed until I am ready to turn things off and start to unwind.

I am struggling with the state of people out in the world right now. There is so much egocentricity and selfishness and hate being spewed out there towards strangers who are doing the same thing to other strangers.

I have WAY too many books, even after giving fourteen large bags of books away to one of the local small town libraries.

I have lots of interests and that usually means lots of stuff. I like making things with paper, yarn, material, paint, my brain, my computer, and all sorts of things. I have so much stuff that I use. I am working on clearing out what I do not need to pursue my current interests - making things with paper and crocheting slippers.

The ceilings in my new basement are about 4 inches shorter than the ceilings in my apartment. That means that the 1X4 bookshelves that I made are 4 inches too tall to fit my library room. What to do when you don't have a saw? Well, I put the shelves on their sides and stack the books on top of one another, of course! I can get more books in this way, and I have a natural press for wrinkly paper projects!! I do need to figure out a way to anchor the shelves to the wall, but that's something for a later date.

I like having east and west exposure in my new home. There is something really satisfying about watching the sun rise and set.

I am about 2/3 finished with a new Teachers Pay Teachers file. I need to find some pictures of instruments (or take my own...hmmm) to finish the post. Then, it can be uploaded to my store where someone might buy it.

This has been a warm November and December so far. We have dipped below freezing for overnight lows a couple of times but had daytime temperatures over freezing this entire time. It is unusual to not have any snowfalls yet. I am hoping that it will snow at least once while my family is visiting, but not very much. They would probably like it if it snowed on the one day that we have nothing to do - Christmas morning - but I would like it if it melted before we have to go to the airport the next day.

I need to move things from my garage to the basement. I need a trash can down here.

I enjoy unpacking much more than packing.

I need to order batteries for work and for home. Done - also ordered some recordable buttons (my students LOVE these and they are in the Deals of the Day section right now for almost 50% off!) and a gift for my mom...or my sister...or both...

I need to keep going on the book unpacking. Only two weeks before my mom and sister arrive to sleep in the rooms that are currently full of boxes. I want to get the rooms ready enough for the addition of two new mattress sets and for them to stay with me. They are going to decorate, but I want things to be ready enough for them to get to the walls and to establish some themes. They are going to help me figure out how to make my home homey.

That's it for right now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt