What's In The Box??? - June (Part Two)

My June box is a bit more full now than it was yesterday when I opened it up. Yesterday, the box revealed that I hadn't really put much into this particular box, so it was time to figure out some things to place into it.

I started by printing off my sing about june editions for 2020 and 2021. These books contain several unique Therapeutic Music Experience (TME) plans and some visual aid options. Now I have lots more information available to me for strategizing purposes.

I then finished up and printed off a summer music rhythm post that needs to be laminated and cut out to be complete. You can see some of the icons and one of the rhythms ready for the laminator. That is my job for today - laminating everything that I want to use this month. There is a bunch that is not included in this post because their permanent homes are not in the June box (yet), but this file is part of the laminating stack. 

One of my TMEs in June 2020 is Bowling for Boomwhackers. This chance composition, letter recognition TME requires me to label things with the musical alphabet. I found a baggie of scrapbooking letter tags that I laminated a long time ago (apparently), cut out, and then placed in my craft room. As I was reading through the TME, I remembered unearthing that baggie during my recent break and thinking, "What was I going to do with these?" TME review revealed one purpose for them. I have to figure out five more ways to use these tags, but I am on that task! Something to think about as I sit in front of the laminator watching the films go in and out...

June is when Flag Day happens. It is also the month of Juneteenth which, I have to admit, I know little about. I do not have any resources for Juneteenth yet, time to head over to Teachers Pay Teachers to find some, but I do have some original songs about the flag to help with memory and history concepts. I also printed off the entire Star Spangled Banner to use with students at some point this month (probably around June 14th...)

The last thing I have for the box is my Carnival of the Animals coloring book that I found several summers ago when I was running a thematic unit about the composition. I have started a TME plan for the entire unit, but it is not finished, so the TME is not included in the box right now. That would be a good task to put onto my "if you have 30 free minutes" list. This coloring book is not my own - you can find it at the link in yesterday's post if you look under Resources.

For the moment, that is all that is in my June box. I will post pictures of my current summer themes once I get things finished up. Time to start laminating. I am very thankful that I no longer have to use contact paper to cover my visual aids - that's all I did during my internship - make visual aids, try to cover them with clear contact paper, have to remake visual aids because the clear contact paper did not work the way it was supposed to, and then try to cover the remade visuals with clear contact paper again...repeat and repeat. Maybe that's why I like to make multiple visuals when I can - the satisfaction of having multiple versions where the contact paper did NOT make me have to make those multiples in order to have ONE smooth, laminated version at the end of the process. Hmmm. Something else to think about as my laminators enclose my work in plastic coverings which will extend the life of all of the work.

The June box looks a bit more interesting now, doesn't it?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt