Word of the Year, Time to Set Goals, and Other Things Flitting Through My Mind...
Happy Spring Forward Day, fellow Americans! If you are living somewhere else in the world, then enjoy your full night of sleep!! We have lost one hour this morning, so it will be interesting to see who makes it to a late morning church service today. There is always someone who comes barreling in at what they think is 30 minutes early to a service to find that we are in the middle of our processes. Fortunately, that hasn't been me...
ANYWAY...
I feel that I got lots finished yesterday on my first day of setting goals for this next week. I contacted lenders to start the process of moving into a home of my own - that was the biggest chore that I had in front of me. I hate having to talk about finances, but it is a necessary thing when you are trying to buy a home. I now have three appointments to talk to folks tomorrow. I have my cell phone all charged up so I can talk to these folks. I am flying into this situation blindly, not really knowing what is going to be happening in the next several months, and trusting people who know this process more than I do to lead me.
This is where my word of the year comes into play for me - deepen. I am seeking to deepen my understanding of mortgages and home ownership. I am learning about something that I know nothing about - by diving in head first.
Today is the 14th, so it is Goal Review Day in my house! I am finding that planning at this point of the month is better for me than planning at the beginning of the month for some reason. I mean, it is just a random sort of date, but the 15th coincides with my pay schedule and is a bit more in line with my hormonal schedule - sometimes - than planning at the beginning of the month. I did pretty well with my goals this month - except for decluttering. That part of my goal list has to either move off the list or become more purposeful. I'm leaning towards more purposeful since I want to be moving pretty soon and do not want to transport junk across the city. I have cooked something most of the past four weeks, and I did try a new recipe of my own making this month, so that goal can be continued and considered well done. I have done some crafting as well - about three of the four weeks I did some little exploration of my creativity. I spent some time in my craft room this past week, and I made a new little journal for someone - I'm not sure who yet, but it will become clear to me pretty soon. I have missed making books, and I am glad that my finger rehabilitation is progressing to the point where I can craft again.
Tomorrow is my official "Goal Day." I will sit down and come up with specific things that I want to get done this month. Decluttering has to be the main focus for me due to my long-term goals for the future. So, off I go into the world of goal setting and planning.
I was able to remove a post-it note from my row of notes yesterday - the "contact lenders" note is now in the trash because it is finished. I also did some junk journaling, so that note could be trashed, but won't because I really want to do some more this week. I'll remove it when the week is over. I will do the dishes today and start the kitchen deep clean after church. I am starting to re-watch "Clone Wars" so I have something to keep me company while I am pulling things out of cabinets and deciding whether they stay or go - I am mainly working towards "go!" If I can get those two chores accomplished today, I will be feeling pretty happy about my progress so far.
Today is a day to reflect on my word of the year, on goals, and on my near and far futures. I will get some practical things done right now, and I will also spend some time on fanciful thoughts because the practical needs to be balanced with some dreaming.
Happy dreaming, friends!


Comments
Post a Comment