Thoughtful Thursday: Persephone's Origin Story

I've been thinking about origin stories lately - you know, the way that people become who they are. My own origin story is in this post here. I am writing a little piece of futuristic fiction about music therapy and where we are headed, and I flashed on the idea that my protagonist needed her own origin story a bit more fleshed out than the bare bones that I've already established.

You see, Persephone first encountered music therapy when she met Evelyn (pronounced - Ee-vlyn - that's important to me!!), her brother's music therapist. Evelyn's big brother, Evander, is referred to music therapy due to his preference for music as an interaction to other forms of communication. Persephone barely remembers a time when music therapy wasn't a part of her life...More about that when I get my fingers a bit more limber to type it all out.

I have an entire pathway laid out for Persephone's journey to her music therapy education which includes talks with Evelyn, observations, choosing an undergraduate program based on the music therapy requirements, and figuring out what schools to apply to for her music therapy training. I also know what Evander is doing now, and I love the solution of it all! I promise I will write it all out soon.

In the meantime, what is your origin story? How did you hear about music therapy as a career? Our pathways into this profession often determine our engagement in the profession - I believe.

New topic - We now have a new CEO for the AMTA. It will be interesting to see what our association does with this new professional. I hope the new CEO will stick around for some time so we can actually get some leadership going at the organizational level. I wonder what the new CEO's origin story is - there are some clues in the AMTA press release, but I wonder how the new CEO found the way into organizational management...





More about Origin Stories: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Thoughtful Thursday: Values and Directions and Goals