Thank You For Being Here
Every morning, I wake up, do my morning hygiene routine, and then log onto my computer. Part of my computer routine is to log into this blogging platform, and then I see the number of views of each post before I open a new screen. Lately, my views are the same number - there are some of you out there that are reading this blog every morning even when the things that I am writing about aren't anything other than things that have nothing to do with music therapy and have to do with only me.
Thank you for reading this.
You know who you are, and I don't know who you are, but I appreciate that you take the time to look at this small little blog.
It means lots to me.
I am starting to find my way back to happy thoughts and musings about music therapy again. Yesterday was a good day, full of working on projects that needed to be done and full of music therapy interactions with some of my favorite people on the planet - my clients. I spent some time improvising and then throwing balls at and with people. No one had to be removed from the music therapy room and there was only one assist all day. It was nice to be able to concentrate on client services rather than co-worker crap. That is still on-going, but I have found some of my gumption and have been very direct about what I need from my "team mates." I have been given some of that information from my one ally on the team, but the rest of the folks have been completely silent. I'm not sure if that is purposeful or not, and my emotional brain is still all over the place - bringing up conspiracy theories and all sorts of stuff - but my rational brain is able to rein in most of those thoughts. I slept until 3am this morning - that's really late for me these days.
I am hoping to get back into less of the "me" theme and more into the "music" and "therapy" parts of this blog, but the purpose of this place is for me to explore my role in this world, so who knows what will happen.
In the meantime, thank you for being here.
Thank you for reading this.
You know who you are, and I don't know who you are, but I appreciate that you take the time to look at this small little blog.
It means lots to me.
I am starting to find my way back to happy thoughts and musings about music therapy again. Yesterday was a good day, full of working on projects that needed to be done and full of music therapy interactions with some of my favorite people on the planet - my clients. I spent some time improvising and then throwing balls at and with people. No one had to be removed from the music therapy room and there was only one assist all day. It was nice to be able to concentrate on client services rather than co-worker crap. That is still on-going, but I have found some of my gumption and have been very direct about what I need from my "team mates." I have been given some of that information from my one ally on the team, but the rest of the folks have been completely silent. I'm not sure if that is purposeful or not, and my emotional brain is still all over the place - bringing up conspiracy theories and all sorts of stuff - but my rational brain is able to rein in most of those thoughts. I slept until 3am this morning - that's really late for me these days.
I am hoping to get back into less of the "me" theme and more into the "music" and "therapy" parts of this blog, but the purpose of this place is for me to explore my role in this world, so who knows what will happen.
In the meantime, thank you for being here.
Comments
Post a Comment