Thoughtful Thursday: Rambling Thoughts That Move Through My Brain

I have an affectionate cat sitting between me and the computer this morning. She is demanding attention, and I am trying to write. It's not a preferred situation, but it is a typical one for us. What she doesn't realize is that I just got a wireless keyboard, so I can write even when she is sitting between me and the com01p1111uter (she still has access to the laptop keyboard, obviously!). She is currently staring at something that I cannot see - it's freaking me out a bit, but that's cat for ya!

We've had a strange week - one full of little annoyances that have become bigger worries because of other things that have happened. She didn't eat for two days (not like her AT all), I've been battling extreme exhaustion, the wireless mouse stopped working, it is a very long work week this week, and numerous other things that have gone on in this very long week. To top it all off, it is the week before Spring Break, so we have lots of emotions happening around music therapy - kids are thrilled about going on visits, kids are upset that they are not going on visits - there are lots of stressors associated with breaks from school.

I found out that I can take tomorrow off - if all my progress notes are finished. Now, I do not do progress notes, but I have other responsibilities that have to be done. I have an intern who is gradu'
aTING TOMorrow. (cat typing again - thanks, Bella!) I will be going to work tomorrow because I have things to do. Intern graduation! Celebrating the graduation of said intern! Cleaning out the student store! Working on projects that I want to get done on this work day! I will happily go into work tomorrow to do these things.

I found a quotation in my little box that is resonating with me today.
With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
After the week that I've had, this thought is comforting. It goes along with a personal habit of mine - posting a daily thought about something that makes me feel happy. This habit leads me into having a new thought every day - a happy thought. Today's happy thought is that it is almost time for a break. Such a nice thought!

I haven't spent any time on creativity this week. My morning routine has been less than structured because of my exhaustion, so I've neglected that part of my routine in favor of sleeping in or getting to work to get my 44 hour week time in (even though I apparently didn't have to do so). I will spend some time in the next two days making something just to create. I don't know what it will be, but I will dedicate a bit of time to this problem - but not today. Today I need to go to work, finish internship paperwork, supervise the music therapy going on, and make my plans for tomorrow's work day.

The cat has given up on me and has wandered back to bed. I wish I could do the same thing, but I cannot, so I'll be grabbing some food and then heading out into the (less) cold world of March. I have to stop at the bank to deposit a check before driving into the sunrise.

It is going to be a good day - a new day.

Happy Thursday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt