Re-cap of This Break Week
I woke up in a bit of a panic this morning, wondering what I was going to write about for Cultural Considerations today. My panic may have been influenced by the argument going on in the apartment above mine - I couldn't hear what was being argued about, but I could certainly hear the emotion happening. It took me a bit of time to remember that it is Friday and not Saturday, so I still have some time to think about tomorrow's post. This is the type of thing that happens when I am coming to an end of a break - difficulty with time perception.
My break has been full of the things that always happen during one week off - a bit of cleaning, lots of rest, and some return to creative exploration. I do better with all of these things when I have two weeks off. At the end of two weeks, I tend to be really bored with my own company, and I am itching to head back to work! I don't get that same itch when I only have one week off. Oh well. That's what I get for being a therapist in the school district - time off when the district says there will be time off.
I'm not quite ready to head back into the swing of my daily routine, but I'll do it because I have to. It's as simple as that.
(I like my paycheck.)
I did get some things accomplished this week - I started the process of looking for a realtor - That was HUGE for me! I committed to a trip to Hawaii this summer - taking time off from work and my intern to go someplace new to me! I am also trying to figure out some timelines for myself - routines that I can establish and sustain in order to get some things done. I'm hoping that this time change will help with some of that, but I won't know for sure until I get back to work next week and see what my energy level is like. I've been able to sustain good sleep/wake patterns this week, but I also have had little to no physical demand on my body, so we'll see if this week of rest has improved my stamina or has just been a reprieve. I also sent out my first music therapist envelope to the nominee that someone suggested a while ago. I hope the recipient enjoys the little things that I sent. That was fun! I hope to do more of those surprise "Happy Mail" envelopes soon.
Tomorrow, I will get back on track with my weekly blog post patterns. I am going to sit down and write a bit about my exploration of culture from this past week, and then I'll choose a new song for Song Conversion Sunday. I think I'll do the random iPod selection thing again. That is allowing me to explore some interesting music that I already have in my collection.
While I am not ready to return to work, I am resigned to the necessity of doing so. I will look forward to meeting some new music therapy students this next week, and I am definitely looking forward to getting back into the swing of doing music therapy with more of my clients for the next six months. I will actually be strategizing music therapy treatment again instead of watching others lead it! I am happy about that.
My break is almost over. It is time to get back to work. See you tomorrow? I hope so!
My break has been full of the things that always happen during one week off - a bit of cleaning, lots of rest, and some return to creative exploration. I do better with all of these things when I have two weeks off. At the end of two weeks, I tend to be really bored with my own company, and I am itching to head back to work! I don't get that same itch when I only have one week off. Oh well. That's what I get for being a therapist in the school district - time off when the district says there will be time off.
I'm not quite ready to head back into the swing of my daily routine, but I'll do it because I have to. It's as simple as that.
(I like my paycheck.)
I did get some things accomplished this week - I started the process of looking for a realtor - That was HUGE for me! I committed to a trip to Hawaii this summer - taking time off from work and my intern to go someplace new to me! I am also trying to figure out some timelines for myself - routines that I can establish and sustain in order to get some things done. I'm hoping that this time change will help with some of that, but I won't know for sure until I get back to work next week and see what my energy level is like. I've been able to sustain good sleep/wake patterns this week, but I also have had little to no physical demand on my body, so we'll see if this week of rest has improved my stamina or has just been a reprieve. I also sent out my first music therapist envelope to the nominee that someone suggested a while ago. I hope the recipient enjoys the little things that I sent. That was fun! I hope to do more of those surprise "Happy Mail" envelopes soon.
Tomorrow, I will get back on track with my weekly blog post patterns. I am going to sit down and write a bit about my exploration of culture from this past week, and then I'll choose a new song for Song Conversion Sunday. I think I'll do the random iPod selection thing again. That is allowing me to explore some interesting music that I already have in my collection.
While I am not ready to return to work, I am resigned to the necessity of doing so. I will look forward to meeting some new music therapy students this next week, and I am definitely looking forward to getting back into the swing of doing music therapy with more of my clients for the next six months. I will actually be strategizing music therapy treatment again instead of watching others lead it! I am happy about that.
My break is almost over. It is time to get back to work. See you tomorrow? I hope so!
Comments
Post a Comment