I Just Don't Want to Go to Work Today
It is the week before Spring Break, and I am already ready for some time off. I only have five more days before a week off, but I want more time off right now! I didn't have to go do my church job yesterday so I had two entire weekend days off and to myself. A taste of break before break happens, and I am now ready for more! Unfortunately, I still have those five more days before I get some time to myself.
I have absolutely no good reason for taking time off.
I feel well. I am not running anything near a fever, and I have nothing to plan for music therapy sessions today. (Maybe that's part of the problem - I have nothing to plan for today.) I just really enjoyed being at home yesterday for my church day that wasn't and want to be at home today for a work day that isn't. I won't do that, though.
There are times in the lives of every person where going to work seems like a whole bunch of... well, WORK! This feeling doesn't come over me very often, but when it does, I take a bit of time to think through my reasons. Right now, my reasons are that I want to take naps whenever I feel like it, and work gets in the way of my napping schedule. I know that there are only five more days of work before break, so that makes this week seem so very long in comparison to others. Only 44 hours of work before I get a week of time away.
In one of my behavior management courses, we talk about psychological versus chronological time. This is a week where the psychological time prevails. Every hour seems to crawl by. It certainly seems that way at the beginning of this busy week, that's for sure! This week is not only a long work week for the faculty at my school, it also contains an Ash Wednesday service for me as music director/worship leader at my part-time job. That makes a long workweek even longer. Everything seems to happen at once, and it all happens RIGHT NOW!
Add to the contributing factors that my cat is being all cuddly right now, and I just don't want to leave the warmth of my house for the frigid cold of the trip to school.
Once I get there, I will be perfectly happy to be there, but getting there is a chore. Today is one of the few days where I wish I didn't live an hour away, but that is also a choice that I made for myself, so I have to live with the ramifications.
Every reason that I have for not wanting to go to work is a direct result of choices that I have made for myself. That's it. That's the end thought for the day. I'll go to work because I have made choices for myself, and that's that.
See you tomorrow.
I have absolutely no good reason for taking time off.
I feel well. I am not running anything near a fever, and I have nothing to plan for music therapy sessions today. (Maybe that's part of the problem - I have nothing to plan for today.) I just really enjoyed being at home yesterday for my church day that wasn't and want to be at home today for a work day that isn't. I won't do that, though.
There are times in the lives of every person where going to work seems like a whole bunch of... well, WORK! This feeling doesn't come over me very often, but when it does, I take a bit of time to think through my reasons. Right now, my reasons are that I want to take naps whenever I feel like it, and work gets in the way of my napping schedule. I know that there are only five more days of work before break, so that makes this week seem so very long in comparison to others. Only 44 hours of work before I get a week of time away.
In one of my behavior management courses, we talk about psychological versus chronological time. This is a week where the psychological time prevails. Every hour seems to crawl by. It certainly seems that way at the beginning of this busy week, that's for sure! This week is not only a long work week for the faculty at my school, it also contains an Ash Wednesday service for me as music director/worship leader at my part-time job. That makes a long workweek even longer. Everything seems to happen at once, and it all happens RIGHT NOW!
Add to the contributing factors that my cat is being all cuddly right now, and I just don't want to leave the warmth of my house for the frigid cold of the trip to school.
Once I get there, I will be perfectly happy to be there, but getting there is a chore. Today is one of the few days where I wish I didn't live an hour away, but that is also a choice that I made for myself, so I have to live with the ramifications.
Every reason that I have for not wanting to go to work is a direct result of choices that I have made for myself. That's it. That's the end thought for the day. I'll go to work because I have made choices for myself, and that's that.
See you tomorrow.

Don't you have a whole bunch of inclement weather time built up? Take the week off!
ReplyDelete