Thoughts About Courage
I am currently in the middle of a dilemma. My lease agreement came up this week, and I have to decide whether I am going to re-up or find a new place to live. My rental company is becoming difficult to work with, and I really want to buy a home, but I am scared of the entire realty thing. My fears are paralyzing me a bit.
If I decide to go ahead with the lease, I will have to sign something that I will break eventually. If I don't re-up, then the company will bring people through my house any time that they want - with no pre-arrangement. I think I will re-up, and then start the process of looking for a house of my own. I will break the lease when I am ready to leave and not before. It would mean losing a security deposit, but that ship has sailed after living here for something like 14 years. I think that's how I will proceed. In addition, I will get my ducks in a row and go talk to a realtor.
My word for the year is "courage." I've done some things that I find to be scary, and I've survived. I am working with a marketing consultant to increase my web presence in the music therapy world. I've put some ideas out into the universe to see what will happen, and now I am taking a jump for my personal life.
This is my next step on my "courage" pathway. I don't want to live in this place anymore, but I don't know where I want to be. There is nothing stopping me except for my own fears and inhibitions. I want to move forward and don't really know how, but it's time to find out.
There are so many things that go into this particular task that thinking about it overwhelms me. That's part of what "courage" is about for me. Getting over those feelings of being overwhelmed and doing things that intimidate me. I do need to start this process this task the way I process every task, and that is through a bit of research. Thank goodness for Google!
My acts of "courage" for today include doing some Googling, calling a realtor to set up an appointment, and to sign the lease (that I hope to be breaking later on).
It is time.
By the way, thank you for reading these off-topic type posts. It's break, and thinking about music therapy is not something that I want to do right now. So, thanks for being here!
If I decide to go ahead with the lease, I will have to sign something that I will break eventually. If I don't re-up, then the company will bring people through my house any time that they want - with no pre-arrangement. I think I will re-up, and then start the process of looking for a house of my own. I will break the lease when I am ready to leave and not before. It would mean losing a security deposit, but that ship has sailed after living here for something like 14 years. I think that's how I will proceed. In addition, I will get my ducks in a row and go talk to a realtor.
My word for the year is "courage." I've done some things that I find to be scary, and I've survived. I am working with a marketing consultant to increase my web presence in the music therapy world. I've put some ideas out into the universe to see what will happen, and now I am taking a jump for my personal life.
This is my next step on my "courage" pathway. I don't want to live in this place anymore, but I don't know where I want to be. There is nothing stopping me except for my own fears and inhibitions. I want to move forward and don't really know how, but it's time to find out.
There are so many things that go into this particular task that thinking about it overwhelms me. That's part of what "courage" is about for me. Getting over those feelings of being overwhelmed and doing things that intimidate me. I do need to start this process this task the way I process every task, and that is through a bit of research. Thank goodness for Google!
My acts of "courage" for today include doing some Googling, calling a realtor to set up an appointment, and to sign the lease (that I hope to be breaking later on).
It is time.
By the way, thank you for reading these off-topic type posts. It's break, and thinking about music therapy is not something that I want to do right now. So, thanks for being here!

Comments
Post a Comment