A Sunday Without Synthesizing...What to Do Next?
I have come to the end of my most recent synthesis textbook, and I am at a loss for what to do next. I know that there are many articles out there and lots of other textbooks, but I am kinda tired of reading things and searching for clinical meaning. So, this is where I am - searching for something to do to organize my Sunday offerings to this particular blog - I also REALLY like alliteration, so it has to be something that starts with the letter S to go along with Sunday. Hmm.
Over the years, I've done some Just a Song Sundays, Song Lyric Sundays, Song Switch Sundays, and Supplemental Sundays in addition to my Synthesis Sundays. (See what I mean about my intense like of alliteration!!) I don't have any ideas or even inclinations towards anything at this time. That's why I like having a target for myself - a prompt, as it were. It makes my thought process a bit more focused than it is on days without a prompt.
I could do something with taking a song and transforming it into a therapeutic music experience. Something random and then making it relevant to my clinical practice with my particular clients...hmm. Thesaurus.com suggests the words "switch-over" as an alternative for transformation which is why I've used the title "Song Switch Sunday" in the past. That's not really what I'm thinking about here, though - not a switch, more of a conversion. Maybe that's the new title - Song Conversion Sunday - not as alliterative as I like, but it gets the point across.
Next Sunday is the perfect time to start up this new venture. Does anyone have any songs to suggest? If so, write it in the comments. If not, I'll just choose a book at random and start learning something new!
I am going to put together a new graphic for this blog series, and I'll be back!
Here you go!
Over the years, I've done some Just a Song Sundays, Song Lyric Sundays, Song Switch Sundays, and Supplemental Sundays in addition to my Synthesis Sundays. (See what I mean about my intense like of alliteration!!) I don't have any ideas or even inclinations towards anything at this time. That's why I like having a target for myself - a prompt, as it were. It makes my thought process a bit more focused than it is on days without a prompt.
I could do something with taking a song and transforming it into a therapeutic music experience. Something random and then making it relevant to my clinical practice with my particular clients...hmm. Thesaurus.com suggests the words "switch-over" as an alternative for transformation which is why I've used the title "Song Switch Sunday" in the past. That's not really what I'm thinking about here, though - not a switch, more of a conversion. Maybe that's the new title - Song Conversion Sunday - not as alliterative as I like, but it gets the point across.
What do you think? Would you like to see a random song developed into a therapeutic music experience?Maybe this idea is something to combine with the other ideas that I have used in the past - taking one week to analyze the musical elements then taking the next week to convert the song into a therapeutic music experience (or two or three). Oooh, a series of Sunday posts using a couple of songs - start with one, convert it into a therapeutic music experience, and then add some supplemental songs to make a full session. I think this could work for me.
Next Sunday is the perfect time to start up this new venture. Does anyone have any songs to suggest? If so, write it in the comments. If not, I'll just choose a book at random and start learning something new!
I am going to put together a new graphic for this blog series, and I'll be back!
Here you go!

Comments
Post a Comment