Getting Back Into My Blogging Routine - Just a Collection of Thoughts

I am currently sitting in a morass of self-pity and exhaustion as I am recovering from a bout of pneumonia. I've tried to write over the past 48 hours, but everything has turned into Theme and Variations on the same thought - "poor me, poor me." Since that is what comes out, I haven't wanted to bother anyone with the thoughts.

Today, though, I feel that I need to post something, just to get myself into the routine again. I am trying really hard not to slump into self-pity, so this may be a short post.

So, let's think about making this a bit more music therapy related and less of the self-pity stuff.

I am having to figure out some session strategies that simultaneously provide my clients with therapeutic interventions and conserve my energy. Singing exhausts me right now, so I have to figure out ways to get back into doing music therapy without doing too much singing. I think we'll play games next week - instrument games, Jeopardy, other games. I'll spend some time going over the expectations of music therapy yet again for the returning clients and the new ones. My goal for the week is to get back into my routine.

I managed to finish up some paperwork and my taxes this past week. I didn't manage to do much else, but those things are accomplishments I can be proud of at the moment. 

I still have two hours before I need to leave for church to celebrate Easter, so I am going to be setting my tasks for myself for this week. Getting better is on the top of the list - so, there won't be many tasks that HAVE to be done. I've changed up my bullet journal legend because the first thought that I had just wasn't working well. I've since revamped the way I do things. It is working better for me right now, but we'll see if it continues to work. The nice thing about my bullet journal is that I get to do what I want with it. There is no "wrong" way to organize a bullet journal - there is just "my way." I'm still finding my way.

Goals for this week include getting back into a routine, conserving as much energy as possible, and getting better.

Set the intention and then follow through. There you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt