I Wonder Where This Came From...Is It a Message?
As someone who collects things (I call it being a pack rat, others call it hoarding), I often find stuff that I have no recollection of actually receiving. This is such an example.I have absolutely no idea where I got this stack of post-it notes. I don't think it came from a music therapy conference. I doubt that they were handing these out at the educational technology conferences that my sister attends and grabs stuff at, but I just don't know where this came from. None of my family members are currently taking Xanax (as far as I know), and I don't make a practice of grabbing things at the doctor's office. So, I have absolutely no idea where this came from.
Fun.
I wonder how it showed up in my stack of post-it notes. Yes, I do have a box of post-it notes for when I need to restock the various places that I keep post-it notes (my office, my car, next to my bed, and where I am reading music therapy texts and journals). I am trying to use the post-it stash before I succumb to the siren song of the new colors and shapes that are available. Treasures like this little pad show up a bit more frequently when I go through my stash of stuff than when I just use it again.
Now, when I get random things like this, I tend to start to over-analyzing the event and/or the item. Is this something I should be thinking about? Pay attention to my anxious moments? I don't really think that I have an anxiety disorder. I do have my anxious moments, but I can usually engage in some cognitive reframing and settle. I choose to think that this little mystery pad is just a reminder to keep up with my self-care and self-awareness practices, and to be mindful that there are options if those practices don't seem to do the job anymore.
On a completely unrelated note, I finished my advance ballot today and can now proudly display that I have voted!
There you go. A mystery post-it note pad reminding me to practice self-care and mindfulness and an advance ballot to remind me that contributing to life outside my four walls is just as important as the life inside these walls.
Thank you universe, for these reminders about what is actually important in my life - both inside and outside.

Comments
Post a Comment