Thoughtful Thursday: Something to Blame (Other Than Me!)

I finished my post yesterday, packed up everything I needed for work, and went out to see an absolutely gorgeous full moon lighting up the sky. I almost wept because so much suddenly made sense to me.

There are moon skeptics out there. I've worked with many of them over the years, but I can definitively state that I am affected by moon cycles. Whether it is true or not that incidents increase during a full moon, I know that I cycle with the moon. I always have.

I waited three extra weeks so I could be born on the night of the full moon. My poor mother was absolutely miserable, but I was determined to stay until the moon pulled me out. Ever since then, my moods have cycled with the phases of the moon - Mom could always tell when it was a new moon time versus a full moon time.

So, I was very relieved to see that big old moon up there in the sky. I had lost track of the moon because our mornings lately have been foggy and overcast, but yesterday was clear as a bell and full of moonlight.

I can tell you, I was very happy to see my old friend up there, in her full glory (I could see the Gibson Girl in the moon rather than the Man).

I am late for work right now and behind on every task I have to do as part of my job, so I am going to stop here and move on to the job of doing my job. I'll write more tomorrow. For now, though, I am going to enjoy the moon as it is and just move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt