Supplemental Sunday: Update on the Boxes - Again.
I am down to two of my original four scrapbooking boxes. Another one shattered with one single blow from an angry client, so I only have two remaining boxes. I'm getting tired of picking up plastic shards from the floor of the music room, so I am reconsidering my storage options.
The concept of the boxes and the materials is still valid and working well. My clients appear to understand what I want them to do, I am not having to get up and down quite as much, and the flow of the session is much smoother without all of the interruptions. The clients understand the purpose behind the color-coding, even though staff members don't seem to understand. It amazes me that my co-workers don't seem to understand that the blue things go into the blue box while the red things go into the red box, but that is an entirely different blog topic.
Now I am looking for another storage option. What I would really like is a storage box the same size as the storage boxes but soft-sided and zippered. I can find some options on Amazon, but none that really match what is in my head. Maybe I should do some sewing to make what I want. That may be a bit out of my current skill set, but I think I could find something that would work. I think. Off to Pinterest for some box patterns, I guess.
In the meantime, I've converted the materials from the boxes into color-coded binders. I'll try the binders with selected clients to see how they use them. I'll see if the binders remain less damaged than the boxes so far (the boxes that were broken were the two that I can't easily replace these days). The small pieces are contained in file folders with velcro or in color-coded zipper pencil pouches. It's amazing what you can find these days to help with organization.
That's it for today - I anticipate that there will be at least one more of these blog topics as I try out this new way of presenting the same old materials. Now? Now, I'm off to Pinterest to see if I can find a pattern for the types of boxes I want - zippered, short, square boxes. If I can't there will be many posts about my adventures with my sewing machine. Things to look forward to? Perhaps.
The concept of the boxes and the materials is still valid and working well. My clients appear to understand what I want them to do, I am not having to get up and down quite as much, and the flow of the session is much smoother without all of the interruptions. The clients understand the purpose behind the color-coding, even though staff members don't seem to understand. It amazes me that my co-workers don't seem to understand that the blue things go into the blue box while the red things go into the red box, but that is an entirely different blog topic.
Now I am looking for another storage option. What I would really like is a storage box the same size as the storage boxes but soft-sided and zippered. I can find some options on Amazon, but none that really match what is in my head. Maybe I should do some sewing to make what I want. That may be a bit out of my current skill set, but I think I could find something that would work. I think. Off to Pinterest for some box patterns, I guess.
In the meantime, I've converted the materials from the boxes into color-coded binders. I'll try the binders with selected clients to see how they use them. I'll see if the binders remain less damaged than the boxes so far (the boxes that were broken were the two that I can't easily replace these days). The small pieces are contained in file folders with velcro or in color-coded zipper pencil pouches. It's amazing what you can find these days to help with organization.
That's it for today - I anticipate that there will be at least one more of these blog topics as I try out this new way of presenting the same old materials. Now? Now, I'm off to Pinterest to see if I can find a pattern for the types of boxes I want - zippered, short, square boxes. If I can't there will be many posts about my adventures with my sewing machine. Things to look forward to? Perhaps.
What about tote bags instead of boxes?
ReplyDelete