Long Week Ahead

This is going to be a long week - it's a scheduled 44 hour week due to Back to School Night. Unfortunately, Back to School Night is scheduled for Wednesday (as are all of our 12 hour days this year), and I work on Wednesdays, so I will not be able to be there. As a result, I have to work my extra 4 hours at other times this week.

Honestly, I would rather work 9 hours per day for four days than 12 hours on one day. The evening hours are mostly reserved for teachers to write IEP progress notes. I don't write progress notes, so I don't have the need for those extra hours at the end of the semester. I understand why the others do, but a "one-size-fits-all" calendar doesn't always fit us all.

This year, though, the calendar was on my side. With all of the days scheduled on Wednesdays, I have an excuse for not participating. My Wednesday evening job is that of church choir director and worship leader, so I have to be there in order to earn my salary. If my Wednesday evening job didn't require the presence of other people, I would rearrange things to accommodate my school calendar, but I can't.

My plan is to arrive early and stay a bit later than usual but not much. I am often at work about 30 minutes before I have to be there. I will stay an extra 30 minutes after work to make up for that hour. I'm not sure what I will do during that extra time, but my notes will be finished and my space should be a bit more organized!

I keep reminding myself that the extra 4 hours are not a punishment, but are supposed to be a time to help us catch up on things. I also keep reminding myself that I really don't like 12 hour days, and 12 hour days in the middle of the week are something I REALLY don't like, so my four 9 hour days will help me have a better attitude than otherwise.

Time to wrap this up so I can get going. I want to start my 9 hours when I can, so I'll be leaving as soon as possible. If I leave now, I'll be able to do my entire 9 hours and leave at the regular time...hmmm.

Ah, the joys of scheduling. Happy Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt