iThing Struggles...Again!
I am a banana in an apple world.
This is an all-too-familiar rant for me, but it is one that I just cannot seem to fix.
I cannot think like iThings. I have never been able to, and I will never be able to use them the way others seem to be able to do. For some strange reason, my brain is not wired in a way that makes the Apple operating system easy to intuit. If your brain works well in the iThing universe, congratulations! I just cannot make things work.
I am in the midst of yet another iPod struggle.
iTunes refuses to talk to my storage and all of my musical pieces are currently in a hostage situation. Interestingly, this only happens when I really need my iTunes to actually work - on the morning of the Talent Show, when I am trying to coordinate music for student projects, when I need to make playlists for sessions. My problem is that I do not know of a music storage device that can hold my entire music library that is not an iPod Classic (160 GB of storage) - believe me, I've looked.
I will not stream during sessions - there are too many things that can get in the way of streaming, especially in my room where wi-fi has NEVER worked - and I need access to a variety of recordings to support my clients. My other options are to use a computer for all of my music, but that is plain old bulky.
Now, I know that there are some music therapists out there who believe that recorded music does not have a place in music therapy sessions, but I am obviously NOT one of those therapists. I do believe that recorded music has a role in music therapy treatment, so it is essential that I have access to that music at my fingertips when I need it.
I am going to abandon the quest for this to actually work for a short time so I can take a shower and get ready for the rest of the day.
Maybe, by the time I get back, everything in my iUniverse will be back the way it should be...
Grrrrrr.
This is an all-too-familiar rant for me, but it is one that I just cannot seem to fix.
I cannot think like iThings. I have never been able to, and I will never be able to use them the way others seem to be able to do. For some strange reason, my brain is not wired in a way that makes the Apple operating system easy to intuit. If your brain works well in the iThing universe, congratulations! I just cannot make things work.
I am in the midst of yet another iPod struggle.
iTunes refuses to talk to my storage and all of my musical pieces are currently in a hostage situation. Interestingly, this only happens when I really need my iTunes to actually work - on the morning of the Talent Show, when I am trying to coordinate music for student projects, when I need to make playlists for sessions. My problem is that I do not know of a music storage device that can hold my entire music library that is not an iPod Classic (160 GB of storage) - believe me, I've looked.
I will not stream during sessions - there are too many things that can get in the way of streaming, especially in my room where wi-fi has NEVER worked - and I need access to a variety of recordings to support my clients. My other options are to use a computer for all of my music, but that is plain old bulky.
Now, I know that there are some music therapists out there who believe that recorded music does not have a place in music therapy sessions, but I am obviously NOT one of those therapists. I do believe that recorded music has a role in music therapy treatment, so it is essential that I have access to that music at my fingertips when I need it.
I am going to abandon the quest for this to actually work for a short time so I can take a shower and get ready for the rest of the day.
Maybe, by the time I get back, everything in my iUniverse will be back the way it should be...
Grrrrrr.
Comments
Post a Comment