Supplemental Sunday: Original Art

I enjoy drawing.

I am, by no means, someone who considers myself an artist, but I am a draw-er of pictures, and I like making line drawings to use with my clients. I've learned that I draw best when I can find a visual image to base my drawings on during the process, and I have several "How-to Draw" books that help me out with suggestions on how to make my drawings.

So, I draw.

Yesterday, I had an urge to draw something, so I sat down with my books and drew several things. Most of them looked decent and are things that I can reproduce and replicate for future products. Two of them already have purposes, so I outlined them and scanned them into the computer. I'll print them out and then start experimenting with shading and coloring. After I like the finished product, I'll re-scan them into the computer and then make them into visual aids for use with my clients.

There are several reasons why I draw things to use in my session rather than downloading the visuals from Google images. First, I like to draw. I have an excuse to draw things if I need an excuse. I also have a reason to draw. I like that. Second, if I draw it myself, I can use the art however I want. I can replicate it, sell it, make it available in many different formats. There can be no quibble over copyright if I make my own art.

Over the years, I have found lots of personal satisfaction and stress-relief in my sketchbooks and my doodles. I will keep on drawing things, making visual aids, and sharing them with others as long as it continues to benefit my self-care procedure and my work as a music therapist.

Enjoy your day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt