Politics - I'm So Over This!
I am going to go into a rant now.
This rant has nothing to do with music therapy - at least on the surface - but it's something that has been brewing for some time.
I hate politics.
There is nothing about the political system here in the United States that I enjoy except for the bliss that happens the day when the all the votes have been counted and there's nothing else that anyone can do about it. That bliss doesn't last for long, though. As soon as all of the votes are counted, people start complaining. It's absurd.
Now, I am not going to tell you anything about my political leanings, about who I am going to vote for during this election, or try to convince you that my way is the only way. That's not what I do. I am going to encourage those of you who are also living in the US and eligible to vote to do so. That's it.
Instead, I am going to continue to write and write about my disgust with our system.
I wish that there were strict guidelines for election seasons. My idea? No one can even talk about running for political office until 6 months before the election. If someone does start to run a campaign early, they are not allowed to run. This would make those 6 months really difficult to live through, but at least it wouldn't be the catastrophic situation that we've been through lately. Imagine, a world where we haven't had to listen to promises, rants, unrealistic plans, back stabbing accusations, and the myriad of other things that we've been subjected to this past season.
I value the fact that I live in a place where my voice and vote are counted. I know that our system of government, while not perfect by any means, seems to work most of the time for the benefit of most of us. I just wish I didn't have to be bombarded by it every time I decide I want to log onto social media, listen to the radio, or answer the phone.
ANYWAY...
It's Friday. Rant over. Have a great day. (Thanks for being such a loyal reader that you've made it to the end of this post!!)
This rant has nothing to do with music therapy - at least on the surface - but it's something that has been brewing for some time.
I hate politics.
There is nothing about the political system here in the United States that I enjoy except for the bliss that happens the day when the all the votes have been counted and there's nothing else that anyone can do about it. That bliss doesn't last for long, though. As soon as all of the votes are counted, people start complaining. It's absurd.
Now, I am not going to tell you anything about my political leanings, about who I am going to vote for during this election, or try to convince you that my way is the only way. That's not what I do. I am going to encourage those of you who are also living in the US and eligible to vote to do so. That's it.
Instead, I am going to continue to write and write about my disgust with our system.
I wish that there were strict guidelines for election seasons. My idea? No one can even talk about running for political office until 6 months before the election. If someone does start to run a campaign early, they are not allowed to run. This would make those 6 months really difficult to live through, but at least it wouldn't be the catastrophic situation that we've been through lately. Imagine, a world where we haven't had to listen to promises, rants, unrealistic plans, back stabbing accusations, and the myriad of other things that we've been subjected to this past season.
I value the fact that I live in a place where my voice and vote are counted. I know that our system of government, while not perfect by any means, seems to work most of the time for the benefit of most of us. I just wish I didn't have to be bombarded by it every time I decide I want to log onto social media, listen to the radio, or answer the phone.
ANYWAY...
It's Friday. Rant over. Have a great day. (Thanks for being such a loyal reader that you've made it to the end of this post!!)
Comments
Post a Comment