Finally Achieved the Sleeping In Thing - and Break is Over
Summer Break is over.
Well, I have today and tomorrow, but they are weekend days, so they don't really count in my way of reckoning Break. There you go.
So, Summer Break is over.
I woke up this morning almost 3 hours past my usual wake-up time. I am finally getting into the "I don't have to get up" pattern, but I have to get up on Monday at my usual time so I can get to work.
It truly takes me lots of time to break a habit - the waking up thing is an example of this.
It's time to reevaluate my self-care needs and goals. I tend to do this at the end of most of my breaks, so it's time again to think through what I need as a therapist for my own self-care. Time for another mind map? I think so!!
Okay, I've finished my mind map. Here it is. What do you notice about it??
Here's the first thing I noticed about this! The mind map was started as a self-care idea, but it morphed into a summer goals mind map. I started it in the center with the first title, Self-Care for Me - MJ, but where my mind went made my title no longer relevant. I changed it. There are some self-care elements in there: working on projects, creative work, and exercising - but it also turned into things I want to do over the next 8 weeks of my summer session at work. Some of these things I NEED to do (continuing education and cleaning my house) but most of these things are things I CHOOSE to do (and that makes them self-care).
If anyone is interested, the program that I use to make these mind maps is Inspiration. I love it. It allows me to make graphic organizers and mind maps like this and has lots of applications that I haven't really explored yet, but I plan to. If you are a person who uses these types of visuals, I'd highly recommend the program!
I am going to organize my day now.
Happy Saturday, fellow therapists!
Well, I have today and tomorrow, but they are weekend days, so they don't really count in my way of reckoning Break. There you go.
So, Summer Break is over.
I woke up this morning almost 3 hours past my usual wake-up time. I am finally getting into the "I don't have to get up" pattern, but I have to get up on Monday at my usual time so I can get to work.
It truly takes me lots of time to break a habit - the waking up thing is an example of this.
It's time to reevaluate my self-care needs and goals. I tend to do this at the end of most of my breaks, so it's time again to think through what I need as a therapist for my own self-care. Time for another mind map? I think so!!
Okay, I've finished my mind map. Here it is. What do you notice about it??
Here's the first thing I noticed about this! The mind map was started as a self-care idea, but it morphed into a summer goals mind map. I started it in the center with the first title, Self-Care for Me - MJ, but where my mind went made my title no longer relevant. I changed it. There are some self-care elements in there: working on projects, creative work, and exercising - but it also turned into things I want to do over the next 8 weeks of my summer session at work. Some of these things I NEED to do (continuing education and cleaning my house) but most of these things are things I CHOOSE to do (and that makes them self-care).
If anyone is interested, the program that I use to make these mind maps is Inspiration. I love it. It allows me to make graphic organizers and mind maps like this and has lots of applications that I haven't really explored yet, but I plan to. If you are a person who uses these types of visuals, I'd highly recommend the program!
I am going to organize my day now.
Happy Saturday, fellow therapists!

Comments
Post a Comment