The World Ain't Slowing Down

I am a movie fan and have this tendency to fall in love with a song that comes from a movie. I then have to go on a hunt for that particular song and cannot rest until I find that song. Thank goodness for iTunes - it has made the search SO much easier than it was in the golden past. Back then, I'd have to watch the credits, try to figure out the name of the song at the very end of the credits, and then try to find the song recorded somewhere. Now I just go on the internet, and VOILA! There's the song!

 

This song is an example of something that I just fell in love with when watching a movie. The movie, ME, Myself, and Irene, wasn't one that I really enjoyed, but this song caught my ear and wouldn't let go. I bought the soundtrack to the movie simply so I could have this song for my own. The song is The World Ain't Slowing Down by Ellis Paul.

I haven't bought anything else by Ellis Paul, but I am thinking that I need to do so. He seems to have the type of music that draws me in - lyrics that resonate with me and music that works in tandem with those lyrics. Both elements stand on their own, but combined? It is perfection.

For me, the song above speaks to the fact that we have to take advantage of what is in front of us right this moment, right now, because, well, the world is going to keep moving, changing, and growing.

It's one of my energy songs. Does anyone else have categories for what they listen to? I have homesick songs (Beach Boys and John Denver), deep emotion songs (Past the Point of No Return from Phantom of the Opera and anything by Sibelius), silly songs (Hoku, VeggieTales, anything by Sandra Boynton), and other categories. I listen to this song when I either need energy or when I have energy to spare (more often the former than the latter). It is also a song I listen to when I am transitioning from my role as music therapist to my role as Mary Jane, human. It never fails to speak to me.

I have other songs that function this way for me. I think we all do. Many of the songs that I love I won't use in therapy with my clients. At this point, that's because my clients don't like the same music that I like, but I may keep some music to myself always and forever.

It's time to arrange my energy playlist on my iPod. I wonder what other treasures I will find.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt