I Resolve To...Update

Earlier, I posted a TME about making New Year's Resolutions with my clients. It's called I Resolve To, and I used it with clients this week. It was an interesting experience to see who understood the concept of personal goals. Some of the goals were "I want a new Nintendo." Others were "I am going to be more helpful," or "I'm going to do what I have to do to get out of here." (Have I ever mentioned that I work with adolescents in residential and day treatment?) I shared some of my own resolutions for this year. Most of my friends aren't making resolutions but are focusing on something, but I still make resolutions.

My resolutions? To eat more vegetables, stay healthier, and save money in this new year. Those are the ones I shared. The ones I didn't share were the others. To give away one box or bag of stuff per month. To go to one event out of the house per month (not a solitary movie, but some event where I am around other people). To make one new business contact per month. To make one home improvement per month.

I'm going to my first event on Monday evening. I signed up for a free paper-crafting class at my local Michaels store. I will be learning how to make a Valentine's Accordion Heart Card. Now, I know how to do most of this craft already, but I am interested and ready to be around others who like to make things. I get to spend a little bit of money to make this craft, and then I'll be making something new. Can't wait!

I haven't done anything else on the monthly list, but I will. My current ideas for home improvement include carrying things that weigh more than five pounds, so those things will have to wait until I am cleared from my medical restrictions. I could easily fill up a large box of books, but I won't be able to take it anywhere to donate it yet. I've been able to do some things on the other list. I'm trying to make sure that vegetables are a big part of my diet right now (and that is a REAL sacrifice for me. I do NOT like them much), and I am doing my exercises the way I can at this time. I'm trying to stay healthy.

It is now the 9th, and things are settling down in my life (I am hoping!). I hope your New Year is going well.

I'm off to laminate some things for tomorrow's Supplemental Sunday post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt