Being Pushed Into a Corner By Others
Do you remember (know) the movie, Dirty Dancing? The start of the conclusion of the movie has a well-known quote that many of us use in a variety of situations. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
I'm in a corner right now with limited ways out. I can continue to submit and remain in that corner or I can bust myself out. Busting myself out means giving up several things that I love, but staying in the corner means giving up several things that I love as well. So, I have to decide.
The situation was not handled in an appropriate manner. The person who initiated all of this is well within her rights to do so, but it really wasn't handled in a way that respected my feelings. I'm sure that the people involved didn't even think about my feelings but went along on their own agenda. That's the part that hurts the most. So, I have to decide.
It is time to either escape from this corner or to submit. I choose to escape and will be doing so as soon as I check in with my Dad (he's my touchstone for decisions like this). I want to express my dissatisfaction with how things were handled and the emotions that I have, but I also want to remain professional throughout the situation.
I hate having to give up things that I love, but there comes a time when change has to happen in a life. I just wish that all of my change didn't have to come at once.
I'm bursting out of this corner. It's not where I want to be. It's time to move forward into my future without looking back.
Here I go. No more corners!!
I'm in a corner right now with limited ways out. I can continue to submit and remain in that corner or I can bust myself out. Busting myself out means giving up several things that I love, but staying in the corner means giving up several things that I love as well. So, I have to decide.
The situation was not handled in an appropriate manner. The person who initiated all of this is well within her rights to do so, but it really wasn't handled in a way that respected my feelings. I'm sure that the people involved didn't even think about my feelings but went along on their own agenda. That's the part that hurts the most. So, I have to decide.
It is time to either escape from this corner or to submit. I choose to escape and will be doing so as soon as I check in with my Dad (he's my touchstone for decisions like this). I want to express my dissatisfaction with how things were handled and the emotions that I have, but I also want to remain professional throughout the situation.
I hate having to give up things that I love, but there comes a time when change has to happen in a life. I just wish that all of my change didn't have to come at once.
I'm bursting out of this corner. It's not where I want to be. It's time to move forward into my future without looking back.
Here I go. No more corners!!
Comments
Post a Comment