Getting Back to "Usual"

I originally titled this post "Getting Back to 'Normal'," but then realized that I really hate the word "normal" when talking about expectations and people, so I decided that "usual" would be a better descriptor for what I mean about what is happening right now.

For the moment, "usual" means getting back to my brain function in a more regular way. As I wrote last night, medication is fascinating, especially when you can distinguish what is caused by medication and what is caused by your own body. I changed from one form of pain pill to a different one yesterday morning and the difference has been amazing. I can think in more than just one brief thought today.

I started this morning with a meeting for the Online Conference for Music Therapy where we followed up on several tasks for the conference in February. Keep an eye on the website for details about registration and presentations coming soon (as soon as I get some of my tasks done!). It will be a good conference (as always), but very busy for those of us on the Executive Board. It is always interesting to glimpse what goes on behind the scenes of any conference - if you are interested in more information about this one, check out the website or let me know. We are always willing to accept volunteers!!

The rest of today is going to be spent in washing - one blanket at a time until the bed is fresh and clean, the cat's box, me with a trash bag over the immobilizer - and creative endeavors. I still need to elevate and stay off my legs as much as I can, but I am expected to be doing some walking and weight bearing. I think I have the bedroom configured so I can work and stretch and elevate without too much effort. We shall see.

I have to come up with a good supplemental Sunday post for this week. Maybe I'll make something today. Maybe not.

I'm getting back to "usual." Thanks for taking the journey with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt