Bonus Post - I'm Awake and (Somewhat) Lucid
The brain is starting to work (I think) after three days of heavy duty medications that made me a bit loopy. I switched medications at 3 am this morning when I woke up, and then fell back asleep immediately. When I woke up again, I was able to focus my eyes, think a bit, and make a plan for the day. Chemistry is quite amazing, especially when you are the beneficiary.
So, I spent the day watching television, trolling social media, and doing some stretching. I changed my dressing all by myself a bit ago. I am now back in bed, elevating the new ACL, and am waiting the nightly phone calls from my family members. The cat is grooming - she's been smack up against me most of the time and hasn't walked too far away from me since I came home from the surgery center. She's not very good at fetching things, but she's excellent at lowering the blood pressure - she's got a wonderful purr!
So now it is time to start working again. I don't spend lots of time just sitting and relaxing, so it's time to get some things done. My first deadline is December 9 - day of sing about winter launch on the website. I have an online meeting tomorrow from my bed - that will be interesting. I want to do some work on the website, take some time to update my resume, website, and goals, and then do some creative exploration. I've had an idea for some time now, so I guess I can try it out during the next couple of weeks. I had lots to do to get ready for the Christmas season, but it all had to be done while I could drive, so that's all finished. My sister sent me a box of R2D2 stuff and some drawing books to help keep me occupied. I also have my beginning physical therapy stretches to do 2-3 times per day. Lots to do. Lots to do!
I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I think I'm ready to move into the next step of this process. We'll see.
See you tomorrow!
So, I spent the day watching television, trolling social media, and doing some stretching. I changed my dressing all by myself a bit ago. I am now back in bed, elevating the new ACL, and am waiting the nightly phone calls from my family members. The cat is grooming - she's been smack up against me most of the time and hasn't walked too far away from me since I came home from the surgery center. She's not very good at fetching things, but she's excellent at lowering the blood pressure - she's got a wonderful purr!
So now it is time to start working again. I don't spend lots of time just sitting and relaxing, so it's time to get some things done. My first deadline is December 9 - day of sing about winter launch on the website. I have an online meeting tomorrow from my bed - that will be interesting. I want to do some work on the website, take some time to update my resume, website, and goals, and then do some creative exploration. I've had an idea for some time now, so I guess I can try it out during the next couple of weeks. I had lots to do to get ready for the Christmas season, but it all had to be done while I could drive, so that's all finished. My sister sent me a box of R2D2 stuff and some drawing books to help keep me occupied. I also have my beginning physical therapy stretches to do 2-3 times per day. Lots to do. Lots to do!
I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I think I'm ready to move into the next step of this process. We'll see.
See you tomorrow!
Comments
Post a Comment