Trains of Thought
This week's intern webinar is focused on self-care for the music therapist.
It's coming at a particularly difficult time for me as I am having anxiety attacks about everything from pneumonia, surgery happening in two weeks, and going back to work. I need to practice what I'm going to preach to the interns who will be present during the webinar.
I need to make and follow a self-care plan for this week. I need to figure out how to do this and then do it.
First, I'm going to identify all of the things that are currently interfering with my self-care.
Second, what can I do to work with these things that are interfering with my self-care...
It's time for a new routine.
Today, I am going to go to work. I am going to interact with other people. I'm going to come home if I start to cough in spasms. I am going to spend time planning for my time off in two weeks. I am going to focus on my breathing.
That's not enough, but it's a start.
It's coming at a particularly difficult time for me as I am having anxiety attacks about everything from pneumonia, surgery happening in two weeks, and going back to work. I need to practice what I'm going to preach to the interns who will be present during the webinar.
I need to make and follow a self-care plan for this week. I need to figure out how to do this and then do it.
First, I'm going to identify all of the things that are currently interfering with my self-care.
- surgery in two weeks IF I get over the pneumonia currently happening
- the pneumonia currently happening
- not having any energy
- uncertainty
- being alone for long periods of time over the past two weeks
- constant coughing
Second, what can I do to work with these things that are interfering with my self-care...
- pneumonia - continue to take my medications, go to the doctor, and rest as much as possible...
- make plans for my enforced time away from work in two weeks...
- be around other people to get in some socialization
- discuss my anxiety with my family members - those that know me best...
- identify those in my life who want to help
- ask them for assistance as needed
- be okay with asking and accepting assistance
It's time for a new routine.
Today, I am going to go to work. I am going to interact with other people. I'm going to come home if I start to cough in spasms. I am going to spend time planning for my time off in two weeks. I am going to focus on my breathing.
That's not enough, but it's a start.
Comments
Post a Comment