Simultaneous and Surprising Seredipity
I noticed some things about my blog that happened this week - first, the number of views has surpassed 31,000 (UPDATE: the actual number is over 33,000)! Second, this is the 901st post on this blog as well! I am always surprised when I think about people out there who look at this blog. I've always intended it to be my online journal-type thing...a place for me to muse about music therapy and about being a music therapist, so it amuses me to think that others actually read what I write.
Thank you for reading, viewing, and commenting on some of the things that I write about.
Anyway...
Music therapy things happened this week. Oregon now has state recognition of the MT-BC. The bill was signed by the governor yesterday and now it is law! State recognition is happening for music therapists slowly but surely. The AMTA Board of Directors met last weekend and made decisions about the future of our profession. Every day, music therapists all over the world go out into that world and make music with clients. We use music as a therapeutic medium to help others achieve their goals. All of these music therapy things are significant for the people involved (which is all of us!).
In my immediate music therapy world over the past week, I know friends who have lost jobs and friends who have found jobs. I have been happy with some decisions made by others and been unhappy with decisions made by others. I've made music with my clients and have made music for myself. I've listened to some of my favorite songs and belted out the words while driving at 78 miles per hour on my way home. I've watched musicals with some of my students. I've improvised songs for the moments going on in therapy.
It's been a surprising week.
Thank you for reading, viewing, and commenting on some of the things that I write about.
Anyway...
Music therapy things happened this week. Oregon now has state recognition of the MT-BC. The bill was signed by the governor yesterday and now it is law! State recognition is happening for music therapists slowly but surely. The AMTA Board of Directors met last weekend and made decisions about the future of our profession. Every day, music therapists all over the world go out into that world and make music with clients. We use music as a therapeutic medium to help others achieve their goals. All of these music therapy things are significant for the people involved (which is all of us!).
In my immediate music therapy world over the past week, I know friends who have lost jobs and friends who have found jobs. I have been happy with some decisions made by others and been unhappy with decisions made by others. I've made music with my clients and have made music for myself. I've listened to some of my favorite songs and belted out the words while driving at 78 miles per hour on my way home. I've watched musicals with some of my students. I've improvised songs for the moments going on in therapy.
It's been a surprising week.
Comments
Post a Comment