Motivation for Monday
I am going to participate in a city-wide garage sale on Friday and Saturday this weekend. I am taking this as a motivational moment in order to keep myself going and moving towards clearing out some stuff from my home.
It's no secret that I'm a packrat. I've mentioned it a time or two on this blog, and I acknowledge that it is a problem for me. I dream about minimalist living, but I can't really seem to get to that point. My dream house has big, open spaces, wall-to-wall cabinetry and bookshelves, and a place for everything and everything in its place. I don't have that now and probably will never have that, but a girl can dream, right? All I have to do is win the lottery - it may help if I buy a ticket now and then. Hmmm...
It is time to get started. Today's focus will be books and toys. I have to start boxing up stuff and then drag those boxes to the doorway. Before I start to load up the car, I have to vacuum out the car - I had an accident with a bunch of three-hole punch dots (we use them to help our students learn how to vacuum and mine got away from me - all over the back of my itty bitty car). So, today's outside task is to clear out the car (not too much to do) and then vacuum the entire thing. Then we'll be ready to load things up and to be clean for the summer!
Who knows what tomorrow's task will be?
| My cabinets at work |
![]() |
| Part of my home - after organizing! |
It is time to get started. Today's focus will be books and toys. I have to start boxing up stuff and then drag those boxes to the doorway. Before I start to load up the car, I have to vacuum out the car - I had an accident with a bunch of three-hole punch dots (we use them to help our students learn how to vacuum and mine got away from me - all over the back of my itty bitty car). So, today's outside task is to clear out the car (not too much to do) and then vacuum the entire thing. Then we'll be ready to load things up and to be clean for the summer!
Who knows what tomorrow's task will be?
| In my defense, this is my mother's garage - I get my packrattiness honestly! |

Comments
Post a Comment