Synthesis Sunday - Taking A Break from Wigram et al
Today is the beginning of my next new adventure. There have been a couple of new adventures this year, including being part of a brand-new organization, going to various and sundry places, and starting to look for a new direction for myself in my professional life. So, since there is a shift in my focus today, I just cannot talk about Wigram and all.
This new adventure is one way outside my comfort zone. I am going to a new place, a new atmosphere, and a new experience. I am more than a little bit nervous about this but keep reminding myself that all adventures are learning experiences and valuable for self-growth. No matter what the outcome, I have jumped into this adventure with both feet and an attitude of "here I go!"
Self-care plays an important part of what I speak about with interns. Almost every webinar/seminar has an element of taking care of self in order to be better able to take care of others. It surprises me how much we, as therapists, often neglect or ignore our own needs in order to take care of the needs of others. Being adventurous is one way to shake things up.
I encourage you to embrace adventures, even the ones that challenge your ideas, beliefs, and attitudes about yourself and your life.
If you had asked me a year ago whether I would be starting on this particular journey, I would not have been able to see it in my future, and now, here I am.
Here's hoping that there are wonderful adventures ahead of all of you!
This new adventure is one way outside my comfort zone. I am going to a new place, a new atmosphere, and a new experience. I am more than a little bit nervous about this but keep reminding myself that all adventures are learning experiences and valuable for self-growth. No matter what the outcome, I have jumped into this adventure with both feet and an attitude of "here I go!"
Self-care plays an important part of what I speak about with interns. Almost every webinar/seminar has an element of taking care of self in order to be better able to take care of others. It surprises me how much we, as therapists, often neglect or ignore our own needs in order to take care of the needs of others. Being adventurous is one way to shake things up.
I encourage you to embrace adventures, even the ones that challenge your ideas, beliefs, and attitudes about yourself and your life.
If you had asked me a year ago whether I would be starting on this particular journey, I would not have been able to see it in my future, and now, here I am.
Here's hoping that there are wonderful adventures ahead of all of you!
Comments
Post a Comment