Get Going and Just Do It!

It is time for music therapy conferences. I have seen many, MANY posts about what my music therapy friends are doing all around the country, and I am looking forward to posting some of my own stuff from this weekend. It is my turn to head out into the world of music therapists and learning, networking, and experiencing those things that center around a music therapy event.

There are rumors about swag - don't know what is swagish, but I know I like rumors like that!

My sister laughs at me when I talk about getting a pen and a bag at conferences. She's a second grade teacher and gets things like jumpdrives, iPod minis, and fancy t-shirts in her swag bags. She just doesn't understand the excitement that a pen gives me when I go to a music therapy conference. That's one of the difficulties of being in a small profession - limited advertisement opportunities. 

So, I'll go see some presentations on Social and Communication Pragmatics Theory and Music Therapy Supervision this weekend. Many of the other topics don't really have anything to do with me, so I'll spend some time in the exhibit hall and then leave early.

Conferences are always a mixed experience for me. I enjoy learning about music therapy but always feel that I am less than I should be (shoulda goblins come out more at conference than any place else... except for on Pinterest...). I enjoy being around other music therapists, but I need time alone to synthesize the information and the interactions that occur during the conference. I fully expect to be exhausted when I get home, but it will be a good exhaustion!

If you are heading off to a conference, enjoy it! If you are not, consider the Online Conference for Music Therapy on February 7, 2015 (midnight GMT to midnight GMT). See my website, www.musictherapyworks.com, for more details about OCMT 2014.

See you soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt