Visioning A Different Future

This year has made me think lots about where I am going as a music therapist. The future that I saw before me is not possible right now because I simply cannot afford it. So, I am now embarking on a completely new future, one I did not ever think would happen.

Right now, that future is not clearly defined.

I am a person who likes to have a plan. (I am sure that my former interns are snorting in derision due to my preaching about going into sessions with strategies, NOT PLANS!) My philosophy in sessions is very different from my philosophy of life - sorry interns! I am now finding myself in a situation where I do not have the same life plan that I had just four months ago, and I am approaching my life in the same way I approach my therapy sessions - with an idea, but not sure where I will find myself at the end of the journey.

Being quite honest with myself, the thought of not having a plan terrifies me! I got used to it as a therapist, so I am sure that I will get used to it as a human being as well.

Thanks for going on the journey with me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Anticipation Builds...

There's Always Something...

Going on a Squeegee Hunt