Searching for Santa's Beard
It is time to get one of my students decked out into my Santa suit - the problem?? I am currently in the middle of reorganizing things in my home, so things are scattered EVERYWHERE! To top it all off, I have all of the pieces of the Santa suit except one spat and the beard.
So, now the quest is for the beard. The box that I thought contained the beard does not. So, the search will continue this evening.
This is the reason that I need to organize my space. The holiday sing things will be going into the holiday sing box so I can just pull it out when I need it! Imagine, if you will... all the Santa suit pieces in the same place as the twinkle lights and the reindeer headbands! Did anyone else get a chill up their spine??
Right now, I am getting my visual aid boxes from the craft room moved into the office space. I am going to start getting going with my product line for music therapists once the new year starts. I keep telling myself that it will be easier to work on products when all of the materials are within reach in the office. Whoo-Hoo! (That's the theory, anyway!)
I am constantly on the quest for organization. I enjoy knowing where things are all the time. I like to be able to pull out a box of instruments and just know what is in the box. In my music therapy practice, I group my materials based on categories and or timbres. I group my wooden instruments in one box, my jingle bells, triangles, and shaker eggs in another box, and my rhythm sticks in yet another box. Every box is labeled with its contents and is placed in the same cabinet every time. Each cabinet has a theme - instruments, Orff, guitar, drum, sensory materials... you get the idea! This is what I aspire to in my home life!
I have a vision of a neat work environment in my home. I want to keep my music therapy textbooks in one place. I want to have my music therapy TME materials in another place. I want to put my instruments someplace together. There you go...
Someday.
So, now the quest is for the beard. The box that I thought contained the beard does not. So, the search will continue this evening.
This is the reason that I need to organize my space. The holiday sing things will be going into the holiday sing box so I can just pull it out when I need it! Imagine, if you will... all the Santa suit pieces in the same place as the twinkle lights and the reindeer headbands! Did anyone else get a chill up their spine??
Right now, I am getting my visual aid boxes from the craft room moved into the office space. I am going to start getting going with my product line for music therapists once the new year starts. I keep telling myself that it will be easier to work on products when all of the materials are within reach in the office. Whoo-Hoo! (That's the theory, anyway!)
I am constantly on the quest for organization. I enjoy knowing where things are all the time. I like to be able to pull out a box of instruments and just know what is in the box. In my music therapy practice, I group my materials based on categories and or timbres. I group my wooden instruments in one box, my jingle bells, triangles, and shaker eggs in another box, and my rhythm sticks in yet another box. Every box is labeled with its contents and is placed in the same cabinet every time. Each cabinet has a theme - instruments, Orff, guitar, drum, sensory materials... you get the idea! This is what I aspire to in my home life!
![]() |
| The beginning of the material development section of my office |
![]() |
| The same cabinet from a previous post in progress - See! It's clean!! |
Someday.


Comments
Post a Comment